Mechanical and Energy Analysis Engineer
Company: VaCom Technologies
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posted on: July 12, 2019
We are seeking an individual with strong technical skills in HVACR,
energy analysis, and data analysis to join our team, at either our
San Luis Obispo or La Verne location, in the position of Mechanical
and Energy Analysis Engineer.
You'll work with some of the best known food processors,
distribution companies and "cold chain" operators in the nation,
help deliver creative energy solutions, and broaden your knowledge
and experience in the growing business of energy efficiency and
sustainability. You'll play an important role in providing
measurable energy and cost savings while helping to improve the
Salary: $65,000 to $85,000, depending on capabilities
Travel: Up to 25%
Location: San Luis Obispo, California or La Verne, California
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to develop projects,
typically involving retrofits and energy efficiency improvements;
including on-site surveys, project development engineering, and
assisting with technical sales presentations.
- Perform studies of energy efficiency alternatives for new and
existing facilities, including improvements to refrigeration,
process systems, building envelope, HVAC, lighting, etc. Studies
will often require whole building/system analysis using DOE2.2R and
- Perform field studies, research reports and other consulting
projects, working singly or with other VaCom engineers, as well as
consultants, contractors, and customers.
- Analyze the operation and performance of large industrial
refrigeration systems and related facility processes and production
systems, using real operating data, to develop reports on equipment
utilization and communicate data driven capital investment
- BSME degree.
- Strong fundamental understanding of engineering thermodynamics,
including refrigeration cycle, psychrometrics and energy
- Strong computer skills (e.g. MS Office, simulation programs)
and demonstrated high quality technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated experience with building/system simulation
software tools, and statistical analysis and data visualization
software (e.g. Tableau, Microsoft BI).
- Interest in energy efficiency and the HVACR industry.
- High proficiency in written and spoken English.
Beneficial Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in the HVACR industry.
- Prior experience performing energy studies.
- Exposure to control theory or PLC control systems.
- Programming experience (e.g. VB, XML).
- Medical, dental, and vision with 80% of the base family health
premium paid by the employer.
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick leave.
- 401k Retirement plan with 4% employer match and profit sharing
- Section 125 medical savings account and dependent care savings
- $25,000 life insurance policy on every employee.
Who We Are
VaCom Technologies, a BITZER Group Company, is a nationally known
energy efficiency contracting and technical consulting company
specializing in refrigeration systems and industrial facilities. In
business since 1992, VaCom's mission is to help our clients
optimize the performance and efficiency of their facilities,
utilizing our capabilities in analysis, control and monitoring of
We design and implement high-value projects for the food and
beverage sector and "cold chain" logistics companies, using
sophisticated analysis tools, advanced control techniques and
careful integration with client needs. Projects achieve improved
efficiency, increased reliability and turn-key delivery of utility
Our project development and delivery approach emphasize+
fundamentally sound engineering methods and state-of-the-art
control technologies, supported by ongoing performance analysis
using VaCom's own EnergyDashboard® service to provide clients with
the greatest life-cycle value. We design projects that are energy
efficient, cost effective, and environmentally sound.
Keywords: VaCom Technologies, Santa Maria , Mechanical and Energy Analysis Engineer, Professions , San Luis Obispo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!