Tech in Charge
Company: First Student
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Lead Fleet Maintenance Technician / Shop Foreman First Student, the
largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now
hiring a Shop Foreman / Technician In-Charge! Santa Maria Bonita
School District! First Student is proud to offer:
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and
dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment! Lead Fleet Mechanic Major
- Schedule and administer fleet maintenance, assisting in
diagnosing and troubleshooting complex problems. Assign work to
technicians and maintain records of use, mileage, maintenance,
repairs, and service.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of all vehicle components to
effectively diagnose and perform maintenance and repairs.
- Road test vehicles to determine necessary repairs.
- Supervise technicians in the shop. Make hiring and termination
decisions in concert with location management and human resources.
Conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Provide employee training and coaching.
- Conduct daily shop huddles and fleet walks.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance are performed in a safe,
efficient, and timely manner following company procedures and
federal and state regulations.
- Oversee shop inventory to ensure necessary equipment and parts
levels are maintained. Order parts and subcontract repair work as
- Work closely with location management to provide status of
maintenance and budget requirements.
- Communicate the availability of vehicles for service with
dispatch, maintenance manager, and other operations employees.
- Monitor shop operational performance and efficiency and take
action to improve as needed.
- Perform hands-on work activities as required, including
- Complete special projects as assigned. Lead Fleet Mechanic
- A vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is
- CDL is required, or must obtain within 3 months of hire.
- 3+ years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- At least 1 year of experience as lead technician, supervisor,
or other management role preferred.
- Solid aptitude in planning and scheduling maintenance
- Advanced diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic's toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in the company
ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong experience with computers, web-based applications, and
- Good team-building skills.
- Strong customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test Apply today to join our team! We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Student, Santa Maria , Tech in Charge, Professions , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!