Company: Canfield Development Inc
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Santa Maria, California
Canfield Development, Inc. (www.canfield-development.com) is a
growing, Los Angeles based residential single-family and
multifamily development company. -Canfield's affiliated
construction company, Westside Contractors Inc
(www.westside-contractors.com) is looking for a VP Construction to
lead the Santa Maria construction division.
Canfield is acquiring a 160 acre master plan community in Santa
Maria, CA consisting of new infrastructure and roads, an 11 acre
commercial pad, a 21 acre public facilities pad, a 19.5 acre
community park, approximately 800 new multi-family, garden-style,
3-story residential units, approximately 340 new single-family,
2-story homes, and approximately 320 new accessory dwelling
- - - - - - - - -Primary responsible party to oversee Santa Maria
Construction Division satellite office, including executing project
business plan, staffing, human relations, accounting, and office
- - - - - - - - -Strategic planning, marketing and tactical
processes for the construction department.
- - - - - - - - -Deep knowledge of infrastructure and residential
construction and procurement who has a proven track record for
building and managing teams.
- - - - - - - - -Oversee all aspects of construction process
including maintenance of appropriate construction budget
feasibility analysis, subcontractor approval, draw disbursement and
control procedures and policies.
- - - - - - - - -Effectively interface with outside experts such as
investors, architects/engineers, subcontractors, inspectors, and
all project stakeholders.
- - - - - - - - -Technical understanding of infrastructure,
horizontal, and vertical residential and construction codes,
sequencing, and best building practices including but not limited
to the understanding of architectural plans and specs, permits,
- - - - - - - - -Experienced with complex, large-scale, master plan
- - - - - - - - -Actively prepares and analyzes monthly reports on
status of all construction, including budgets, schedules, and any
and all investor and corporate reporting.
- - - - - - - - -Mentorship and training for internal staff of
project managers, superintendents, and administrative support.
- - - - - - - - -Able to handle multiple, complex projects at a
time with little supervisor assistance.
- - - - - - - - -Comply with and stay abreast of all policies and
procedures, federal and state laws applicable to the construction
- - - - - - - - -Develop the automation of manual processes in the
following areas: origination, construction underwriting, draws
processing, due diligence, and servicing.
- - - - - - - - -Ensure required records are retained in accordance
with the policy and procedure.
- - - - - - - - -Oversee and mitigate construction risk on
residential rehab and ground up construction projects.
- - - - - - - - -Subject matter expert for construction control and
elevate others through coaching and knowledge sharing.
- - - - - - - - -Achieves team standards for quantity and quality
- - - - - - - - -Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
Minimum 20 years experience in construction management
Minimum 10 -years experience in horizontal and vertical single
family, multi-family residential construction
Bachelor's degree in related field, Master's degree preferred
Construction means and methods
Plan reading, take-offs, estimating
Relationship with local, Santa Maria subcontractors a plus
Experience managing teams required
Strong business acumen
Possesses strong organizational and multi-tasking skills, be
flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly
Strong project management abilities while completing required tasks
Demonstrates strong critical thinking and problem-solving, strong
initiative and works well in a fast-paced environment.
Thinks ahead and anticipates needs based on prior experiences.
-Makes effort to act in advance either to prepare for a situation
or prevent it.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with excellent
follow-up and strong interpersonal skills
Fosters a cooperative, engaging, and conducive work environment to
maximize employee morale and productivity
Personal effectiveness, credibility, and a high level of integrity
Must be able to multi-task, excellent communicator, organized, and
MS Excel, Word, Outlook, & Project required
Procore and BlueBeam experience required
Highly competitive salary and bonus
Competitive benefits package
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. -We
celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive
environment for all employees. Our employment decisions are based
on individual qualifications, job requirements and business needs
without regard to race, color, marital status, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, religion,
disability, citizenship status, national origin, pregnancy, veteran
status and or any other legally protected characteristics. We are
committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if you need an
accommodation to complete the application process, please email
Please submit cover letter and resume.
Keywords: Canfield Development Inc, Santa Maria , VP Construction, Professions , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!