Field Technician I - (Shandon, CA)
Company: NovaSource Power
Posted on: May 7, 2022
About NovaSourceNovaSource Power Services is the service partner
for renewables asset owners ready to fuel smart growth. As an
O&M-focused company with 20 years of operating experience,
NovaSource has the global reach and strategic capabilities to
achieve our clients' renewables goals around the world. To serve
our clients, we invest into our people. On hire, we assess each
employee's experience and expertise, then mentor them to grow
engaging and satisfying careers. Our turn-key services optimize
each step of our clients' project lifecycles - from commissioning
to decommissioning and everything in between. Our approach delivers
creates success for our clients, stability for our teams, and
enables us to build a world-class culture of excellence. And that's
how we empower a renewable world.Basic Job Functions:Responsible
for assigned aspects of the maintenance and operation of utility
scale PV power plant. Duties include monitoring PV Plant operation
through SCADA, commissioning, testing, inspecting, troubleshooting,
repairing, and modifying AC and DC solar PV systems, including
inverters, PV module arrays, transformers, switchgear, and metering
- 1 year of experience in a related position or
- 1 year of experience as Field Technician Warehouse at
NovaSource and passing scores on electrical and practical training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College or technical degree preferred.
- Electrical certifications, state, journeyman, etc. a plus.
- Equivalent training in military, utility, or power industry a
plus. Required Skills/Competencies:
- Understanding of electrical safety and arc flash
- Ability to follow operating, switching, maintenance, safety and
- Must have a safety background with experience in Lockout Tag
Out and Job Hazard Analysis
- Knowledge of industrial or power facility operation and
- Knowledge of local and national electrical codes.
- Basic understanding of Electrical schematics and prints
- Understanding of electrical principles
- With oversight, able to retrieve relay files and
- Familiar with CMMS systems for maintenance tracking.
- Proven computer skills in a Windows environment (Microsoft
Office Products) is required.
- Must possess good English oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Self-directed and accountable, able to think critically about
processes and issues.
- Highest level of Integrity
- Valid Driver's License. Essential Responsibilities:
- Ensure a safe work environment by strict adherence to company
- Responsible for personal safety, quality and schedule
- Comply with Job Hazard Analysis, Pre-Job Brief and
- With supervision be responsible for a variety of PM work
including measuring, reading, testing and performing maintenance
procedures on all site components.
- Communicate effectively with remote operators
- Ensure CMMS work orders are complete in their entirety. Prepare
documents necessary for procurement and utilization of materials
and vendor services.
- Ensure all documentation and required reports are reviewed,
complete, submitted and filed.
- Communicate cross-functionally across all necessary parts of
the organization to achieve resolution to plant issues.
- Attend, participate in and pass all assigned training in
safety, environmental and other areas as assigned
- Maintain work area and site housecleaning to 5S standards
- Other duties as assigned Reporting Relationships:
- Will report to most senior site manager or supervisor depending
on site organizational structure.
- May have tasks assigned by advanced technical staff -
Technician III and above Travel:
- Travel will be required depending on the needs of the region.
Office Physical Requirements:All positions in our office require
interaction with people and technology while either standing or
sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and
external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face
and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation.
NovaSource is committed to compliance with its obligations under
all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment
discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to
reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with
the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also
invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good
faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations
that can be made without imposing an undue hardship. Potential
candidates will meet the education and experience requirements
provided on the above job description and excel in completing the
listed responsibilities for this role. US: Diversity Statement -
Equal Employment OpportunityIt is NovaSource's policy to provide
equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees.
NovaSource disapproves of, and will not tolerate, unlawful
discrimination against any applicant or employee because of race,
color, national origin or ancestry, gender (including pregnancy,
childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, age,
religion, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital
status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local,
state or federal laws. PI175902519
Keywords: NovaSource Power, Santa Maria , Field Technician I - (Shandon, CA), Professions , Shandon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!