2nd Shift Production Assembler
Company: Rantec Power Systems, Inc.
Location: Los Osos
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Rantec Power Systems Inc. is hiring for 2nd Shift (3:30 p.m. -
1:00 a.m.) - We Offer a $500 Sign On Bonus after 90 days of
Located in Los Osos, Ca, Rantec is an upper-tier designer and
manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace
markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all
aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test. Rantec
offers many outstanding benefits to include;
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits (i.e. Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA)
- Vacation - 2 weeks a year to start
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) (48 hours/yr)
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- We have every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
- Free lunch every other Friday (Pay Day)!
Under general supervision, the Assembler B will perform a variety
of power supply assembly tasks in accordance with workmanship
standards. This Assembler level must be able to perform the duties
of an Assembler C, with additional responsibility and complexity as
described below. Successful maintenance of solder skills training
is essential for each assembler.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Maintain Current Solder Skills Training - Maintain
qualification for soldering through successful completion of
ongoing training and demonstration of soldering skills.
- Hand Solder Assemblies - Load hardware and components onto
PWBs, hand solder and touch-up PWBs in conformance with Rantec and
industry quality standards.
- Perform Work as Directed by Assembly Documentation - Must be
able to read, interpret and follow assembly drawings, Assembly
Instructions, Manufacturing Routings and Manufacturing Operation
Instructions. Be able to recognize deficiencies in assembly
documentation and recommend changes.
- Maintain Assembly Documentation - Correctly complete required
documents, Manufacturing Routings, equipment use and maintenance
- Identify and Determine Value of Components - Understand
component color codes, ability to identify components, read and
- Use Torque Tools in Assembly - Use torque tools properly,
recognize and adjust for proper torque value.
- Perform Rework - Perform in process and test rework at
pre-encapsulation level as instructed.
- Conformal Coating and Surface Finish Touch-Up - Select
appropriate conformal coating and surface finish materials and
perform touch-up of coatings and finishes according to
- Maintain Assembly Work Areas - Comply with housekeeping
requirements, maintain assembly tools and equipment as instructed,
report defective equipment for repair/replacement.
- Comply with Safety Procedures - Follow safety rules, operate
equipment according to safety instructions, use personal protective
equipment as directed, comply with requirements for the safe use,
storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, as
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all
regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal
- As the Company's success relies on the productivity of our team
and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function
of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, and work
each day, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- This position requires access to our export-controlled
commodities, technical data, technology and services. These items
are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and
properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is
contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully
obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization
license from the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry
and Security, U.S. Department of State's Office of Defense Trade
Controls, or other applicable government agency.
Education And Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Follow assembly drawings and work instructions
- Minimal computer skills to support timekeeping and accessing
data in MRP/ERP system
- Able to maintain productivity in standard hours
- Manual dexterity to effectively use hand tools while performing
- Mechanical ability to operate assembly equipment
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills to meet demands of
fast-paced work environment under production schedules
The physical demands described here are representative of those to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work within a factory environment, including moderate noise and
- Moving between sitting, standing and walking
- Consistently lifting and handling up to 10 pounds and
periodically lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job close vision,
distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to focus, with correction, if needed, to perform hand
soldering and wiring of assemblies.
Rantec is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Rantec Power Systems, Inc., Santa Maria , 2nd Shift Production Assembler, Professions , Los Osos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!