Packaging Machine Operator
Company: Fresh Venture Foods
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Fresh Venture Foods is currently hiring a 2nd shift Packaging Machine Operator. Responsibilities include operating and maintaining Bosch Baggers and Ishida Scales to achieve 100% start-up of packing machines. Adhere to company policies to provide our customers with top quality products while maintaining high efficiencies. Provide feedback to improve our process (food safety, safety, efficiencies, spill points, customer service).
- Set up assigned baggers and scales to achieve 100% at start-up of shift.
- Assure that all coding is correct i.e. packages, boxes, bags etc.
- Plan ahead on supplies needed for upcoming products per schedule to reduce change over times.
- Keep packaging area free of garbage.
- Assures quality products are being produced.
- Assist other PMO's.
- Must be able and willing to assist in all jobs on line to keep lines running
- Completes all operator daily procedures on assigned machine (line).
- Can make 25% of minor mechanical repairs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred
- 1-year experience operating packaging machines.
- Good math skills.
- Knowledge of Lockout Tagout process
- Good safety record
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Basic troubleshooting skills.
- Sense of Urgency.
- Can operate 2 Baggers simultaneously.
- Completes all required documentation
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Has the ability to understand and learn packaging machine operational programming.
- Works effectively with Quality department to assure quality products are produces.
- Has the ability to run more than one type of machine.
- Ability to run packaging machine effectively.
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have predictable and reliable attendance
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have good interpersonal skills.
- All other duties as assigned Physical Work Requirement with or without reasonable accommodations
- Work in refrigerated environment 34F degrees
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Climb stairs
- Bend and crouch as necessary and grasp with hands and fingers
- High noise level > 85 decibels
- Must wear proper Personal; Protective Equipment
- Must be able to work over-time as required, weekends and some holidays Selected candidate must be able pass pre-employment drug screen and reference check. The company offers full benefit package: medical, dental, vision, company paid life, 401k with company match EOE
Keywords: Fresh Venture Foods, Santa Maria , Packaging Machine Operator, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!