Electronic Assembler (2nd Shift)
Company: Rantec Power Systems, Inc.
Location: Los Osos
Posted on: May 24, 2023
Rantec is hiring staring at $19.50/hr! - -Come join our team! -
-Based in Los Osos, California, located along California's scenic
Central Pacific coastline, Rantec offers many outstanding benefits,
the following are -a few: -
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits - i.e. -Medical (PPO, HSA), Dental, Vision,
Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation - 2 weeks to start, -Holidays, -PTO, Paid Sick
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- Peer-to-Peer recognition and Years of Service Awards.
- We have every other Friday off as we are on the 9/80
- Free catered lunch on the Friday/payday that we work. Voluntary
overtime hours available.Rantec is -located in Los Osos, California
and is an upper-tier designer and manufacturer of power supplies
for the military and aerospace markets. We are an engineering-based
company, with expertise in all aspects of power supply design,
manufacturing and test.Summary of Position -Under general to
minimal supervision, perform a variety of power supply assembly
tasks in accordance with workmanship standards. - This role covers
a large breadth and depth of electronic assembly tasks, processes,
soldering, machine operation, material uses, operating equipment,
and hand tools. Employees in this role must be able to learn and
grow within the manufacturing team. - The Electronic Assembler will
be tasked to work on products that support production goals on a
variety of products and processes. - Depending on the employee's
ability, more complex processes and machines duties may be
assigned. - The Electronic Assembler level must be able to perform
the duties as described below. - - - -Essential Duties and
- Maintain Current Solder Skills Training - Maintain
qualification for soldering through successful completion of
ongoing training and demonstration of soldering skills.
- Hand Solder Assemblies - Load hardware and components onto
PWBs, hand solder and touch-up PWBs in conformance with Rantec and
industry quality standards.
- Perform Work as Directed by Assembly Documentation - Must be
able to read, interpret and follow assembly drawings, Assembly
Instructions, Manufacturing Routings and Manufacturing Operation
Instructions. - Be able to recognize deficiencies in assembly
documentation and recommend changes. - - - - - -
- Maintain Assembly Documentation - Correctly complete required
documents, Manufacturing Routings, equipment use and maintenance
- Identify and Determine Value of Components - Understand
component color codes, ability to identify components, read and
- Use Torque Tools in Assembly - Use torque tools properly,
recognize and adjust for proper torque value.
- Perform Rework - Perform in process and test rework at
pre-encapsulation level as instructed.
- Conformal Coating and Surface Finish Touch-Up - Select
appropriate conformal coating and surface finish materials and
perform touch-up of coatings and finishes according to
- Maintain Assembly Work Areas - Comply with housekeeping
requirements, maintain assembly tools and equipment as instructed,
report defective equipment for repair/replacement.
- Comply with Safety Procedures - Follow safety rules, operate
equipment according to safety instructions, use personal protective
equipment as directed, comply with requirements for the safe use,
storage and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts, as
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all
regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA, State and Federal
- As the Company's success relies on the productivity of our team
and adherence to customer product schedules, an essential function
of this position is the ability to arrive to work on-time, and work
each day, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned. -Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- Follow assembly drawings and work instructions
- Minimal computer skills to support timekeeping and accessing
data in MRP/ERP system
- Able to maintain productivity in standard hours
- Manual dexterity to effectively use hand tools while performing
- Mechanical ability to operate assembly equipment -
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills to meet demands of
fast-paced work environment under production schedulesSalary:
$18.00 HourlyRange: $18.00 - $24.00 HourlyRantec is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. - Rantec
will consider reasonable accommodations to its policies for
employees and applicants due to sincerely held religious beliefs. -
-Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Rantec Power Systems, Inc., Santa Maria , Electronic Assembler (2nd Shift), Other , Los Osos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...