Bilingual Community Based Therapist Part-Time OR Full-Time Position
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: January 23, 2023
Licensed clinicians are eligible for up to $50,000 in student loan
forgiveness because CALM is an NHSC approved site. This is an
in-person position.CALM partners with local health clinics to
provide integrated behavioral health services to parents with young
children 0-12 years of age. As a bilingual community based
therapist, you will work collaboratively as part of a
multi-disciplinary patient care team to provide engagement,
psychoeducation, and short-term psychotherapy in the clinic or in
the home environment for parents and children. You will be a
resource to the patient care team providing case consultation,
trauma-informed education, and care coordination.Major
- Create a treatment plan with measurable and observable goals in
collaboration with supervisor, client, and caregivers.
- Complete clinical assessment with clients to assess their
strengths and needs from a clinical perspective.
- Document referrals and patient chart notes in the clinics
Electronic Health Record system.
- Educate parents on the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences
using approved curriculum.
- Provide developmentally appropriate therapeutic interventions
for children and families. Therapy services are often provided
during after-school and evening hours when most convenient for
- Coordinate with other agencies when appropriate to implement
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with parents,
families, and clients.
- Participate in all evaluation activities as required.
Education and/or Experience:MFT Intern, ASW, or licensed therapist,
from an accredited university or college, or Psychological
Assistant.Knowledge of HIPAA regulations. Experience working with
complex issues surrounding children and families preferred.
Experience working with Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Model preferred. Previous experience working in the nonprofit
sector and training in Medi-Cal documentation standards highly
- Bilingual required.
- Strong verbal/written communication, analytical, and
- Able to work in busy environment, under pressure, without
compromising accuracy, attention to detail or courtesy to staff and
- Able to prioritize competing responsibilities, with effective
time management skills.
- Able to demonstrate mature judgment, initiative and critical
- Strong interpersonal skills, willing team member and supportive
- Flexibility, organization and can-do attitude.
- Must have respect for confidentiality; ability to work with
discretion and integrity.
- Strong computer proficiency, including Microsoft Word and
- Must have valid CA drivers' license, clean DMV, and criminal
record clearance from DOJ.CALM Benefits:Our benefits package
includes a competitive salary dependent on experience and
education. Benefits include 100% Employer paid medical, dental,
vision, life insurance for employees plus partial benefits for
dependent family members, 12 paid holidays, vacation time and sick
days and a 403(b) 3% matching program.To Apply:Qualified,
interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover
Keywords: CALM, Santa Maria , Bilingual Community Based Therapist Part-Time OR Full-Time Position, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!