New Grad RN Medical/Surgical Acute
Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in Santa
Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250 Hospitals in
the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best Maternity Care by
Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for safety core measures
in cardiac services and has the only comprehensive cancer treatment
and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Marian's
beautiful mission-style facility houses the latest technology to
support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver
compassionate care each and every day. Marian Regional Medical
Center is a part of Dignity Health's Southwest Division and is a
member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health
care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top
quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious
medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all
recognized for quality, safety, and service. Marian's offers Santa
Maria Valley residents access to the most advanced technologies, an
expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit,
neonatal intensive care unit, and an array of women's services.
Position Summary: In keeping with the Marian Medical Center health
care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care
through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the
health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to
prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Employees are
responsible for completion of unit competency assessments, annual
safety review, CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining
continuing education units as required by hospital policy.
Employees must successfully pass clinical math exam prior to
orientation to unit. In addition to these major responsibilities,
the Registered Nurse may be assigned other duties. #RN@DH
- Registered Nurse Graduate with 6 months to one (1) year of work
experience and new graduates without acute care experience will be
considered on an individual basis.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team model of
- Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process and the ability
to apply these principles appropriately.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others.
Relates with patients/visitors empathetically and tactfully.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active-listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care
tasks, duties, etc. to other team members.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments. Reacts calmly and efficiently in
- Collaborates and provides leadership with patient-care
- Maintains effective relationships with coworkers and medical
- Current California Registered Nurse license or interim
- Current approved health care provider CPR certification.
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , New Grad RN Medical/Surgical Acute, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!