Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in Santa
Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250 Hospitals in
the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best Maternity Care by
Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for safety core measures
in cardiac services and has the only comprehensive cancer treatment
and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. Marian's
beautiful mission-style facility houses the latest technology to
support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver
compassionate care each and every day. Marian Regional Medical
Center is a part of Dignity Health's Southwest Division and is a
member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health
care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top
quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious
medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all
recognized for quality, safety, and service. Marian's offers Santa
Maria Valley residents access to the most advanced technologies, an
expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit,
neonatal intensive care unit, and an array of women's services.
Position Summary: In keeping with the Marian Medical Center health
care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care
through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the
health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to
prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Employees are
responsible for completion of unit competency assessments, annual
safety review, CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining
continuing education units as required by hospital policy. -
- Registered Nurse 's without previous Emergency Department
experience and new graduates will be considered on an individual
basis provided they successfully complete the Emergency Department
Orientation and Training program.
- Current California Registered Nurse license .
- Current approved health care provider CPR certification.
- ACLS Certification, PALS Certification (may be obtained within
6 months of hire). Preferred:
- TNCC Certification, desired.
- Previous Emergency Department experience preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team model of
- Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process and the ability
to apply these principles appropriately.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Relates with patients/visitors empathetically and
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active-listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care
tasks, duties, etc. to other team members.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Collaborates and provides leadership with patient-care
- Maintains effective relationships with coworkers and medical
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , RN, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!