CHC - Dean of College for Healthy Communities (Santa Maria, CA)
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: November 16, 2021
A.T. Still University invites applications for Dean of College
for Healthy Communities (CHC) in Santa Maria, California. This
position will report to the Senior Vice President - Academic
Affairs. The Dean of CHC shall provide leadership, direction, and
supervision for the academic programs, educational and research
activities for CHC, including all instructional support services.
The Dean shall have the day-to-day responsibility for management,
direction and supervision of CHC faculty, staff and students
including the planning, development and administering of curricular
and co-curricular activities. The Dean shall work closely with the
Senior Vice President - Academic Affairs (SVPAA) and represent the
CA campus as a member of the Deans Council.
Major Job Duties:
- To implement and manage all policies made by the Board of
Trustees for the administration of educational programs, including
carrying out all tasks and assignments from the President (or
President's Representative) and the Senior Vice President Academic
- Report to the SVPAA any substantive matters that may affect the
operation of the school or its welfare.
- Manage, direct, and control the instructional services for CHC
education provided by faculty of the school, including the
completion of annual evaluation reports for each faculty member
providing such services.
- Prepare and manage the annual budget for CHC, monitor, and
approve the fiscal activities of CHC.
- Develop, implement and direct all matters relating to
instruction, curriculum, co-curricular activities, and job
- Develop, manage, and direct all established policies for
retention of competent faculty and staff.
- Review, plan, and submit recommendations to the SVPAA
concerning the improvement of educational curricula, faculty/staff
retention, and recruitment for faculty vacancies.
- Responsible for school/college compliance with relevant laws
and ATSU policies (as provided and routinely updated by office of
compliance) for ATSU patient care centers.
- Regularly attend all meetings called by the SVPAA and the
President (or President's Representative).
- Work cooperatively with all corporate/college officers, faculty
members and employees.
- Chair regular meetings with the faculty. The agenda for each
meeting is to be established in advance of the schedule meeting
date. Minutes of all such meetings are to be retained for future
- Represent the school and participate at the local, state, and
national levels in activities that have direct influence on the
instructional program and the development of the school.
- Manage the planning, development, and implementation of
orientation for students, faculty and staff. Analyze ongoing
instructional materials and procedures, recommend, and implement
changes and improvements when necessary.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the SVPAA, the
President (or President's Representative) and the Board of
- Must have an earned doctoral degree from an accredited
- The Dean shall be employed full-time and shall engage in no
other gainful employment.
- Candidate must have teaching experience along with
academic/administrative experience at the level of assistant or
associate dean, department head or higher in medical education or
equivalent administrative experience. Significant experience with
strategic planning, budget planning, program assessment and program
evaluation and accreditation.
- High-level administrative skills appropriate to academic
institution of higher education, significant knowledge of basic
office functions, and familiarity with technology used in the
delivery of education. This position requires a diplomatic-minded
individual who possess strong communication skills and the ability
to work as part of an administrative team. Must be an individual of
vision and energy, skilled in managing staff, working with, and
guiding students and faculty.
- The candidate should possess a strong ability to implement
strategies and should conduct all business of the institution with
honesty and integrity. Must be an individual who can initiate and
foster communication within the school and across the university,
which encourage teamwork and sensitivity to the needs of faculty,
students, and colleagues; effectively interact with people to build
morale and stimulate professionalism.
Keywords: ATSU, Santa Maria , CHC - Dean of College for Healthy Communities (Santa Maria, CA), Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!