Commercial Technician I
Company: RCN Telecom Services
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Company- Wave Broadband
Wave Broadband is currently searching for a Commercial
Technician in our San Luis Obispo or Santa Maria office. This
position is responsible for performing work involving installation,
test, configuration, and maintenance of communications systems in
Customer Premise Locations, Point of Presence (POP) and outside
enclosure cabinet environments.
Systems involve SONET and ETHERNET network elements including
transmission, transport and distribution systems to provide advance
services and other high capacity services for commercial business
customers. Use of various fiber and copper TDM and ETHERNET test
equipment such as the BUTT Set, Optical Light meters, fiber scopes,
Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), JDSU-3000 ETHERNET test
set with the ability to setup and test to RFC-2544 standards.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not
- Perform installation and testing of CAT-5 and Fiber cross
connects in an MTC environment as well as Customer Premise
Equipment (CPE) including ETHERNET Network Interface Devices (NID),
Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) and Integrated Access Devices
(IAD) for IP voice, switches, routers and media converters for data
services, channel banks, 66 blocks, and RJ-48x TDM access
- Terminate and test CAT-3, CAT-5 and CAT-6 and test fiber
- Use of various fiber and copper TDM and ETHERNET test equipment
such as the BUTT Set, Optical Light meters, fiber scopes, Optical
Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), JDSU-3000 ETHERNET test set with
the ability to setup and test to RFC-2544 standards.
- Installs, configures, provisions, checks, maintains, and
adjusts a wide variety of -48V DC Power, SONET and ETHERNET
transport and CPE equipment to provide voice, METRO ETHERNET, and
Optical Internet services, advance services, as well as alternate
access through transmission, transport, and distribution
- Verifies, validates, and authenticates the operational
performance of DC Power, SONET, ETHERNET and Telephony transport
and CPE equipment for compliance to design specifications and
quality of service targets by utilizing appropriate test equipment
and craft analysis management platforms.
- 3-Responds to alarms or outage notification; analyzes and
troubleshoots problems for quick resolution in conjunction with
Network Operations Center and/or local SOC and on-call engineering
staff; restores service.
- Responsible for ensuring installation, documentation, and
turn-up of circuits and equipment conforms to engineering
- Acts as a primary liaison with other departments, vendors,
customers, and interconnection activities to correct error
- Ensures transmission and distribution equipment meets Wave,
franchise, and FCC standards.
- Implements work orders and coordinates installation, test, and
acceptance with field systems technicians to ensure customer
acceptance of circuits and services.
- Applies engineering standards, for equipment installation,
cable routing, termination, testing and labeling, including
equipment grounding and labeling.
- Installs DOCSIS based solutions for Small Businesses.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience.
- At least 1 years of experience in
SONET/ETHERNET/Telephony/Routing/Networking environment required.
3-5 years preferred. CCNA Preferred.
- Deep and broad understanding of SONET/ETHERNET and Telephony
technologies including WDM, Channel banks, 66 Blocks, DS0, DS-1,
DS-3, OC-3, OC-12, and OC-48. Ability to Subnet, use of Command
line interface and routing protocols, Switching, VLAN, basic
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex technical issues using
acquired knowledge and written references as necessary, and to
prioritize work in network and transport operations.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of installation, operations,
maintenance and repair of SONET, ETHERNET, Telephony and Voice
transmission and customer premise equipment as well as an in-depth
knowledge of SONET and ETHERNET and Routing theory.
- Proven logical, organized thought process with the ability to
apply these traits to novel situations.
- At least 1 year experience in the RF industry.
- Candidate must possess a clean driving history and valid
driver's license. Limited moving violations accepted.
Is this the career opportunity you've been searching for? Yes?
Then let us know about you - apply now!
- High School Diploma or GED
Diverse Workforce / EEO:
RCN/Grande/Wave is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to
maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are
committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal
employment opportunities are available to all applicants and
teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy
(including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions),
national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
genetic information (including characteristics and testing),
military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
Keywords: RCN Telecom Services, Santa Maria , Commercial Technician I, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!