RN - Emergency Services
Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: SANTA MARIA
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in
Santa Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250
Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best
Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for
safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only
comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los
Angeles to San Francisco. Marian's beautiful mission-style facility
houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and
caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day.
Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health's
Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the
largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting
an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians
from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive
outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and
service. Marian's offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the
most advanced technologies, an expanded and enhanced Emergency
Department, Critical Care Unit, neonatal intensive care unit, and
an array of women's services.
In keeping with the Marian Medical Center health care philosophy,
the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care through the
nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the health care
team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to prepare and
assist them with their responsibilities. Employees are responsible
for completion of unit competency assessments, annual safety
review, CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining continuing
education units as required by hospital policy.
- Registered Nurse 's without previous Emergency Department
experience and new graduates will be considered on an individual
basis provided they successfully complete the Emergency Department
Orientation and Training program.
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Current approved health care provider CPR certification.
- ACLS Certification, PALS Certification (may be obtained within
6 months of hire).
- TNCC Certification, desired.
- Previous Emergency Department experience preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team model of
- Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process and the ability
to apply these principles appropriately.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Relates with patients/visitors empathetically and
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active-listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care
tasks, duties, etc. to other team members.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Collaborates and provides leadership with patient-care
- Maintains effective relationships with coworkers and medical
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , RN - Emergency Services, Other , SANTA MARIA, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!