Director of Social Gatherings
Company: Auberge Resorts
Location: Los Olivos
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary
hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property
is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the
soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional
cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19
hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests
to create unforgettable stories in some of the world's most
desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn
more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and
Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
A Central Coast legend rebornfrom its earliest incarnation, in
1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California's Gold Rush, to
its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn
at Mattei's Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast
lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved
landmark opens a new chapter in 2021 as the definitive luxury
destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Oversees the Creative Events Team and is responsible for all
direct wedding, social and elopement sales. Runs the day to day for
the office, conducts world class site tours and ensures that the
Creative Services Team are executing on the corporate and social
groups that are in house. In addition this Leader will support the
curation of programming throughout the resort in partnership with
the Executive Committee and the Experience Curator. Execution of
events are done in partnership with key vendors; events are all
design lead and uniquely curated. Attention to detail, a creative
eye for design and the ability to translate these attributes to the
team through teaching and professional development will ensure the
success of this leadership position.
- Previous experience in Wedding Sales as a top performer
- Previous experience with servicing for corporate groups and
- Must be positive, result orientated and can work under
- Experience in designing events and working with vendors
- Great communication skills and ability to work with a diverse
group of team members including sales staff and food and beverage
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computers and various
property specific applications, such as Daylight, SMS, Word, Excel,
Outlook and Internet
- Experience with managing a small team of 3 or less
- Knowledgeable of all resort department functions
- Knowledgeable with legal and contractual agreements
- Ability to do comp set shops and create and price banquet menus
- Knowledgeable of revenue forecasting and variance
- Well-organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up
- Coordination of arrival amenities for all wedding & event
- Develop sales collateral and design lead offerings for social
- Plan and execute world class site inspections
- Upsell events and packages to perspective weddings
- Offer pricing options that maximize wedding site fees by
- Close social events with signed contracts ensuring the
achievement of resort revenue goals
- Foster relationships and collaborate with key local, regional
and nations wedding planners
- Answer catering/wedding telephone lines and direct calls as
- Maintain a relationship with social and business contacts
through the sales process and planning of events and weddings.
- Promote positive relations with guests and employees.
- Maintain a peer relationship with Group Sales, Reservations,
and Corporate Event Manager to ensure the department runs
- Responsible for selling & managing all facets of Weddings and
some Social Events.
- Act as a liaison between the sales and operations department of
the hotel to ensure a successful wedding/event for the clients and
all of the client's needs are met and communicated accurately and
efficiently to all departments of the hotel.
- Assist in contracting and reserving room reservations for
- Assist in contacting clients and timely collection of all
deposits for wedding and catering events. Keep track of deposits
received and past due for timely collection of deposits upon the
direction of the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Provide info for update and distribution of weekly Catering
pace report; Identify problem areas.
- At 30 days from arrival for all wedding groups and events with
rooms, reach out to clients to collect and input all rooming lists.
Responsible for following through to collect all names in a timely
- At 30 days from arrival for all wedding groups and events with
multiple rooms, reach out to clients to collect and input all
billing checklist items and prepare an accounting billing
spreadsheet for wedding groups in a timely manner.
- Ensure the team creates and input resume data for each social
event & corporate group.
- Responsible to pull Resume at 30 days and get direction on
client needs, data collection, including expected vendors,
wedding/group itineraries to distribute to staff.
- Attend the arrival meeting for the day before and day of
- Prepare reports for weekly meetings including BEOs and
- Call clients for their function guarantee numbers and adhere to
- Coordination of contacting florists, equipment rental and other
authorized vendors to execute arrangements for functions.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of specified resort
information, correspondence, reports and files.
- Review status of incomplete work and follow up actions with
managers before the end of work day.
- Execute special projects with minimal supervision.
- Provide accounting administrative support for weddings and
events by maintaining spreadsheets, entering spa and F&B
minimums or any other necessary support to create a smooth
accounting process for all wedding groups.
- Coordinate printing of menus, place cards or any other
collateral needed for wedding/event production.
- Check show room availability daily, prior to site inspections
check rooms for cleanliness and show approval.
- Assist with Media and photographers for photo shoots
- Assist in the creation of HTML documents for internal
- Participate in and support hotel and company efforts towards
sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Assist Banquet Manager with running functions on property.
- Order linen and special order items for events.
- Sell elopements and be the onsite coordinator for the vendors
- Attend and assist with preparing Bridal show / marketing
- Update menus, pricing etc / audit as needed.
- Meet quarterly with the chef to make changes to menus and
update pricing if needed with the Directors approval.
- Format and re-file updated Catering Menus.
- Generate thank you notes and service evaluations for all
- Coordinates all audiovisual requirements of the client and
ensures that proper equipment is ordered.
- Greet all clients as they arrive at the hotel to ensure that
they have all required items.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings and operations meetings to
communicate the upcoming group's needs.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the
best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and
experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering
simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa
and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize
simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge,
and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose
is to enrich people's lives.
The successful candidate will have the ability to inspire and
motivate the team to deliver best in class service, along with the
organization and leadership to train and execute at a consistently
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions
and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our
The Inn at Mattei's Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei's Tavern provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, the Inn at Mattei's Tavern complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
This is a management position
This is a full time position
Keywords: Auberge Resorts, Santa Maria , Director of Social Gatherings, Other , Los Olivos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!