Company: Dignity Health
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Dignity Health's Pacific Central Coast Health Centers (PHC) is a
non-profit Community clinic organization comprised of more than 40
health centers located primarily from Ventura to Templeton,
spanning the coast. Our experienced physicians and advanced
practice providers offer a wide range of primary and specialty care
services. PHC is a part of Dignity Health Central Coast's
award-winning network of outstanding hospitals, imaging centers,
laboratories, and post-acute services.
In keeping with the Pacific Central Coast Health Center's
philosophy, the Family Nurse Practitioner is responsible for
providing direct patient clinical care in an ambulatory setting and
provides health maintenance exams with appropriate patient
education for all age groups, including well child exams,
adolescent exams and sports physicals, and adult physicals
including pap and pelvic exam.
- Knowledge of nurse practitioner principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for
patient, family and staff including using appropriate personal
- Demonstrated ability in the provision of care within field
- Skill in applying and modifying the principles, methods and
techniques of professional nursing to provide ongoing patient
- Skill in taking medical histories to assess medical condition
and interpret findings.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of patient
- Ability to assess a situation, consider alternatives and choose
an appropriate course of action.
- Communications Candidates must possess the following abilities:
to express oneself effectively both orally and in writing; actively
listen to others for understanding of their needs and situations;
speak and write English clearly; read and understand
correspondence, memoranda and directives and effectively represent
the organization, department and its operations to management and
- Decision Making This position requires that the candidate is
able to act in a decisive manner, using good judgment; manage
diverse functions; assess problems and situations and anticipate
needs and evaluate alternatives.
- Professional Attitude It is expected that the candidate will
hold the following professional attributes: dependability: maturity
in relationships with others; self-confidence; willingness to take
initiative: commitment to the organization; and represent the
organization to other agencies staff and the public with a
courteous, helpful, accurate and business-like attitude in all
telephone, email and in personal contact.
- Licensed by the State of California, Board of Registered Nurse
National Certification as a Nurse Practitioner Basic Life
Keywords: Dignity Health, Santa Maria , Nurse Practitioner, Other , Nipomo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!