Cytology Technologist / Pathology Lab
Company: Dignity Health
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in
Santa Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250
Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best
Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for
safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only
comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los
Angeles to San Francisco. Marian's beautiful mission-style facility
houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and
caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day.
Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health's
Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the
largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting
an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians
from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive
outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and
service. Marian's offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the
most advanced technologies, an expanded and enhanced Emergency
Department, Critical Care Unit, neonatal intensive care unit, and
an array of women's services.
Cytology/Pathology Lab performs duties of cytologist under
supervision of the pathologists. Cytotechnologist skills and
knowledge of requirements for accurate diagnosis are critical to
this position. Must be able to perform repetitive duties but
recognize the unusual specimen and provide appropriate special
handling. Must be able to coordinate workload in response to volume
- Completion of training requirements for board certification and
licensure by Laboratory Field Services (LFS), California Department
of Public Health CDPH
- Bachelor's Degree with specific course requirements: 20
semester or equivalent quarter units of biological science, 8
semester or equivalent quarter units of mathematics
- Training or experience 12-month cytotechnologicst program
accredited by CA AHEP or equivalent
- -and/or- 5 years of full time clinical laboratory experience in
cytology within the last 10 years
- At least 2 years must be obtaiend after completion of the
- At least 2 years must be under the supervision of a licensed
physician who is a board-eligible pathologist
- Current CA Cytotechnologist License (LIC CT)
- ASCP certification for cytotechnologist
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
- Must demonstrate and promote teamwork.
- Accuracy in specimen and patient identification procedures is
- Must be able to work in a calm and conscientious manner under
high volume and STAT conditions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with doctors, staff,
patients, and co-workers.
- Must be able to enter tests into computer system for inpatients
and outpatients and to be able to properly implement Medicare
Compliance and Medical Necessity regulations.
- Must be able to accurately perform tests, procedures, and
operate instruments under direct supervision of pathologist or
licensed clinical laboratory scientists.
Keywords: Dignity Health, Santa Maria , Cytology Technologist / Pathology Lab, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!