This role includes the duties of the following position:
Assembler. The role of Assembler is considered a mid-level role
within Safran Cabin Manufacturing/Production operations - there are
several levels. Levels 1, 2, 3 & Lead.
Summary of Duties:
- Assembles aircraft interior structures and/or parts, such as
bins, galleys, lavatories, sidewalls, cargo liners, etc. and builds
sub-assemblies for the completion of aircraft interior structures,
and/or parts using engineering drawings, company and customer
- Adheres to company and customer specifications, work
instructions, engineering prints & work orders.
- Document materials used in each process to maintain
- All employees are required to productively react to change and
handle other essential tasks as assigned now or in the future. May
work at different workstations as production needs require.
- Builds sub-assemblies of aircraft components, such as:
o Forming of aluminum trim extrusions, fiberglass laminates and
other materials for completion of the sub-assemblies, parts or
o Fills and fairs areas as necessary per the established
specification or customer limits.
o Installs inserts and applies edging material.
o Assembles sub components for the structures/units.
- Cleans work area, machines, tools, and equipment during and
o Must carefully and safely handle raw material and manufactured
parts to ensure the integrity and quality is not compromised by
o All employees have an affirmative duty to protect and maintain
the confidentiality of all company products.
o As business conditions change it is necessary that all
employees productively react and handle other essential tasks as
assigned now or in the future.
o Tasks may vary slightly based on products produced at
Level 1 Qualification:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Experience: 0-3 years of experience.
Computer Skills: Not required.
Description: Entry level position within field.
- Requires little to no experience in discipline
- Conducts routine tasks as directed
- Closely supervised with little latitude for independent
- The ability to read and write English at a level necessary for
successful job performance.
- Good hand/eye coordination a must.
- Requires sensitivity to safety regulations and
- Must be able to self-inspect work and correct discrepancies in
a timely manner.
- Must have knowledge/familiarity to operate basic machinery &
various pneumatic/hand tools.
- Must meet or exceed current training requirements.
- Understand the concept of utilizing work orders.
Additional Preferred Skills: (not required)
o Ability to read engineering blue prints.
o Previous experience in Aerospace Manufacturing.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in
the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and
space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more
sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally
friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence,
with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and
holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership
positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and
development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of
its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best
Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin
Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.