RN - PreOp/PACU
Company: Dignity Health
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in
Santa Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250
Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best
Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for
safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only
comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los
Angeles to San Francisco. Marian's beautiful mission-style facility
houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and
caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day.
Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health's
Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the
largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting
an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians
from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive
outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and
service. Marian's offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the
most advanced technologies, an expanded and enhanced Emergency
Department, Critical Care Unit, neonatal intensive care unit, and
an array of women's services.
About the Position
In keeping with Marian Medical Center health care philosophy,
the PreOp/PACU Nurse is an experienced practitioner who
demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing and patient care, and
has the ability to practice independently at MRMC and applicable
entities. The PreOp/PACU Nurse also serves as a resource person as
well as a preceptor. Under minimal supervision, the PreOp/PACU
Nurse identifies and implements nursing interventions for patients
and evaluates the results of these interventions for a given
patient population. Supports and promotes the provision of quality
- One (1) year PACU nursing experiance.
- One (1) year specialty experience required.
- Acute care experiance within the last two (2) years
- Current or previous Ambulatory Surgery Center experience
- Critical care experiance preferred.
- Graduate from accredited school of nursing with a current
California Registered Nurse license and CPR certification.
- PALS required within 6 months of hire
- BSN preferred.
- Demonstrates proficient intermediate nursing skills and
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active-listening skills.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments.
- Working knowledge of principles and practice of nursing
- Ability to maintain effective working relations with hospital
departments, medical staff, and co-workers, and negotiate conflict
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly in both verbal
and written form and to gather data, read, comprehend, interpret
and apply pertinent principles, regulations and standards.
- Current California Registered Nurse license and BLS, ACLS
Keywords: Dignity Health, Santa Maria , RN - PreOp/PACU, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!