Planner 2 M/F
Company: Safran Group
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Planner is responsible for overseeing all planning
activities to assure successful delivery of the product. This
position will be responsible for performing tasks and duties
associated with product manufacture planning, including producing
schedules, material lists, and production plans.
Summary of Duties:
- Plans and schedules work flow for every single work station
according to the manufacturing sequence of operation and control
- Control the material requirements, as per BOM's, manufacturing
sequence, assembly and production work flow.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules
to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Prepares production reports, productivity reports, cost
analysis graphs and delivery charts that drive process and
- Reviews and evaluates engineering drawings, calculates
quantities and types of material, parts, or other items required,
determines "make versus buy," establishes safety stock/Reorder
points, and validates Bill of Material in the MRP system
- Sets up all purchase requisitions for Purchasing personnel,
based on need dates, lead times and quantity requirements
- Plans and releases intercompany requirements and maintains
Distribution Orders to ensure on time delivery and right
- Manages intercompany transfers
- Read, interpret, create and validate complex, multi-level Bill
- Evaluates shortages and manages prompt solutions keeping
appropriate stakeholders informed of any potential problem as
- Reads and reviews engineering drawings and documentation and
coordinate any changes
- Maintains inventory levels to meet company goals
- Supports testing and certification requirements for new
- Preserves engineering revision control
- May provide leadership, coaching and/or mentoring to less
- Performs work under general supervision
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and escalates
more complex issues to higher level staff
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience working in
an ERP/MRP environment required Experience: 3+ years of production
planning and/or material planning experience
- Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO9001
- MS Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with an MRP system.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials planning system (MRP/ERP)
requirements, purchase order and manufacturing order generation
process logic, and inventory management practices.
- Demonstrated understanding of Material Management operational
concepts surrounding production planning, inventory control,
purchasing, stockroom operation and shipping and receiving.
- Familiarity with the procurement of raw materials, standards,
parts, and commodities related to aircraft lavatory
- Effective oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple project
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in
the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and
space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more
sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally
friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence,
with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and
holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership
positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and
development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of
its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best
Employers for its sector.
Safran Cabin is a world leader in fully integrated Cabin
Interiors, Catering Systems and Cargo Equipment.
Keywords: Safran Group, Santa Maria , Planner 2 M/F, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!