Company: Dignity Health
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: June 3, 2021
Marian Regional Medical Center, a 191-bed facility located in
Santa Maria, California, is recognized as one of the Top 250
Hospitals in the Nation by Healthgrades and was awarded Best
Maternity Care by Newsweek. It ranks among 10% in the nation for
safety core measures in cardiac services and has the only
comprehensive cancer treatment and resource program from Los
Angeles to San Francisco. Marian's beautiful mission-style facility
houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and
caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day.
Marian Regional Medical Center is a part of Dignity Health's
Southwest Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the
largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting
an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians
from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive
outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and
service. Marian's offers Santa Maria Valley residents access to the
most advanced technologies, an expanded and enhanced Emergency
Department, Critical Care Unit, neonatal intensive care unit, and
an array of women's services.
Position SummaryIn keeping with the Marian Medical Center health
care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care
through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the
health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to
prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Understands
philosophy of hospice and needs of the terminally ill. Demonstrates
ability to work with patients who are in the last stages of a
terminal illness and their families. Employees are responsible for
completion of unit competency assessments, annual safety review,
CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining continuing education
units as required by hospital policy.
- One year of acute hospital experience Home health experience
- Completion of Hospice Orientation Program.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a case-managed model of
- Demonstrates proficient intermediate nursing skills and
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in agency task
forces and committees.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective, active listening skills.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all agency departments.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and
through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions and
conflict management problem-solving skills. Understands philosophy
of hospice and needs of the terminally ill.
- Demonstrates ability to work with patients who are in the last
stages of a terminal illness and their families.
- Current CPR certification; current California drivers license
with proof of liability insurance for automobile. Current
California Registered Nurse license.
Keywords: Dignity Health, Santa Maria , RN Hospice, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!