RN - Medical/Surgical Acute
Company: Dignity Health
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Marian Regional Medical Center, located in Santa Maria, CA, is
nationally ranked among the top 10% in the nation for safety core
measures in Cardiac Services and has the only comprehensive Cancer
treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
In April 2012, Marian opened its doors to a brand new
state-of-the-art facility which houses the latest technology to
support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver
compassionate care each and every day. Marian's new hospital
includes 191 beds, expanded and enhanced Emergency Department,
Critical Care Unit, NICU and women's services.
Marian is a Dignity Health member of the Central Coast, which
also includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, CA
and French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dignity
Health of the Central Coast is recognized for the highest quality
hospitals, physicians from the top medical schools in the country,
primary care offices to ensure access for all patients, premier
ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging
centers, outpatient services and a comprehensive home health
service; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each
hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to
provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as
well as to advance the community's access to health care.
Position Summary: In keeping with the Marian Medical Center
health care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality
patient care through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care
with the health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit
personnel to prepare and assist them with their responsibilities.
Employees are responsible for completion of unit competency
assessments, annual safety review, CPR, and renewal of license by
maintaining continuing education units as required by hospital
policy. Employees must successfully pass clinical math exam prior
to orientation to unit. In addition to these major
responsibilities, the Registered Nurse may be assigned other
- Registered Nurse Graduate with 6 months to one (1) year of work
experience and new graduates without acute care experience will be
considered on an individual basis.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a team model of
- Demonstrates proficient basic nursing skills and specialty
- Demonstrates knowledge of the nursing process and the ability
to apply these principles appropriately.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others.
Relates with patients/visitors empathetically and tactfully.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective active-listening skills.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient care
tasks, duties, etc. to other team members.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in process
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all departments. Reacts calmly and efficiently in
- Collaborates and provides leadership with patient-care
- Maintains effective relationships with coworkers and medical
- Current California Registered Nurse license or interim
- Current approved health care provider CPR certification.
Keywords: Dignity Health, Santa Maria , RN - Medical/Surgical Acute, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!