Company: Dignity Health
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Marian Regional Medical Center, located in Santa Maria, CA, is
nationally ranked among the top 10% in the nation for safety core
measures in Cardiac Services and has the only comprehensive Cancer
treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco.
In April 2012, Marian opened its doors to a brand new
state-of-the-art facility which houses the latest technology to
support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver
compassionate care each and every day. Marian's new hospital
includes 191 beds, expanded and enhanced Emergency Department,
Critical Care Unit, NICU and women's services.
Marian is a Dignity Health member of the Central Coast, which
also includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, CA
and French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dignity
Health of the Central Coast is recognized for the highest quality
hospitals, physicians from the top medical schools in the country,
primary care offices to ensure access for all patients, premier
ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging
centers, outpatient services and a comprehensive home health
service; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each
hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to
provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as
well as to advance the community's access to health care.
Position SummaryIn keeping with the Marian Medical Center health
care philosophy, the Registered Nurse manages quality patient care
through the nursing process. Coordinates plan of care with the
health care team. Assumes leadership role for unit personnel to
prepare and assist them with their responsibilities. Understands
philosophy of hospice and needs of the terminally ill. Demonstrates
ability to work with patients who are in the last stages of a
terminal illness and their families. Employees are responsible for
completion of unit competency assessments, annual safety review,
CPR, and renewal of license by maintaining continuing education
units as required by hospital policy.
- One year of acute hospital experience Home health experience
- Completion of Hospice Orientation Program.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a case-managed model of
- Demonstrates proficient intermediate nursing skills and
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in agency task
forces and committees.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills,
and objective, active listening skills.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with
others across all agency departments.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and
through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions and
conflict management problem-solving skills. Understands philosophy
of hospice and needs of the terminally ill.
- Demonstrates ability to work with patients who are in the last
stages of a terminal illness and their families.
- Current CPR certification; current California drivers license
with proof of liability insurance for automobile. Current
California Registered Nurse license.
Keywords: Dignity Health, Santa Maria , RN Hospice, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!