Our Company & Our Property
Auberge Resorts Collection is a portfolio of extraordinary
hotels, resorts, residences, and private clubs. While each property
is unique, all share a crafted approach to luxury and bring the
soul of the locale to life through captivating design, exceptional
cuisine, and spas, and gracious yet unobtrusive service. With 19
hotels and resorts across three continents, Auberge invites guests
to create unforgettable stories in some of the world's most
desirable destinations. Please visit aubergeresorts.com to learn
more about our Collection. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and
Instagram: @AubergeResorts and #AlwaysAuberge.
A Central Coast legend reborn: from its earliest incarnation, in
1886 as a popular stagecoach stop during California's Gold Rush, to
its years as a surreptitious hangout through Prohibition, The Inn
at Mattei's Tavern has long held a fabled place in Central Coast
lore. Revered and raucously enjoyed for generations, the beloved
landmark opens a new chapter in 2021 as the definitive luxury
destination in the Santa Ynez Valley.
Join our team as Executive Chef at the Inn at Mattei's Tavern,
situated in the heart of the Santa Ynez wine country, and become
one of the authors of our story. As part of the Auberge family, you
will immediately become part of an active community of culinary
artists who pride themselves on their reputation for expertise and
attention to detail. You will be responsible for ensuring that all
visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity, and
variety of our food and beverage offerings, and for establishing
our name in the Santa Ynez marketplace.
The key responsibilities for this position are:
Planning and Organizing
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of the
hotel's strategic plan.
- Plan the yearly food revenue and profit target.
Operations and Product Quality
- Support the definition of the hotel's Food & Beverage
- Manage menu preparation and pricing in line with the stated
- Seek out and establish local, regional and national supplier
relationships for the hotel.
- Manage the preparation and presentation of food products to
ensure the highest standards of quality at all times. Monitor and
check guest satisfaction.
- Adhere to religious beliefs in the preparation and services of
all food on premises.
- Adapt all food offerings to specific dietary preferences and
requirements of our patrons as needed.
- Ensure that the Kitchen brigade are aware of hotel F&B
strategy and that their products meet these requirements
- Direct and coordinate the daily activities of all the hotel's
kitchens and team
- Coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place
proper new hire orientation training and ongoing training and
development for team members.
- Liaise with T&C overall employee matters including
recruitment and interviewing.
- Control payroll and business expenses of the department.
- Support and facilitate staff participation in
- Support and release staff for Task Force Missions required to
support the opening of new Auberge properties, and other special
events catered by Auberge.
Health & Safety
- Maintain the highest standards of Food Hygiene and adherence
with all Health and Safety standards.
- Check and ensure the proper storage of raw and processed food
items including the condition of food in freezers.
- Ensure all work areas in the kitchen are kept tidy and
- Ensure we maintain a safe working environment.
Marketing & Guest Relations
- Attend guest and official functions as a representative of the
- Be a face for Auberge culinary expertise, creating powerful
- Deliver and exceed the expectations of a sophisticated
21st-century luxury consumer.
- A creative, passionate and product focused chef with a minimum
of 3-5 years of kitchen leadership experience in highly acclaimed
restaurants or 5-star / deluxe hotel operations with the knowledge
and passion for sourcing locally and mentoring teams.
- High school or Culinary Certificate or Degree by an accredited
culinary agency preferred.
- Serve Safe Certification.
- Spanish language capability.
At Auberge, we are passionate about our mission to be the
best-loved operator of one-of-a-kind luxury properties and
experiences. We are storytellers and story-makers, delivering
simple pleasures and creating unforgettable memories. Born in Napa
and inspired by the most relaxing places in the world, we prize
simplicity, comfort, and beauty. Whatever role we play in Auberge,
and wherever we work, we all live by the view that our core purpose
is to enrich people's lives.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, product-driven leader
with a passion for working with local farmers and sourcing
If you feel that our approach is aligned with your own passions
and beliefs, then please talk to us about becoming part of our
The Inn at Mattei's Tavern is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
M/F/D/V. The Inn at Mattei's Tavern provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, the Inn at Mattei's Tavern complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training
This is a management position