Interview Date: TBD
Desired Start Date: ASAP
Please see the SELECTION PROCESS below for required
attachment(s) to the electronic application. Applicants will not be
able to "submit" the application, without first electronically
attaching the required documents.
If you have further job-related questions please contact staff
in the Recreation and Parks Department at 805-925-0951 x2260. If
you are experiencing any technical (computer related) difficulties,
please call the NEOGOV help line for technical assistance at
Under general direction of assigned supervisor, Recreation
Leader II plans and leads recreation and sports activities for all
ages, while Building Attendant works safely with cleaners and other
light janitorial chemicals and equipment. Incumbents may be
assigned to different areas of responsibility and qualifications
with separate "working" job titles. This classification is
currently in multiple divisions and departments across the City.
Supervision is not normally a responsibility of this
classification, but may act as lead worker for temporarily assigned
employees, or special projects.
The Recreation Leader II/Building Attendant position is an
individual contributor role that providesTheir role enables Santa
Maria residents to enjoy safe, beautiful and well-maintained parks
WHAT YOU ARE INVESTING IN
WHO WE ARE:
The City of Santa Maria is a full-service City with a City
Council/City Manager form of government with over 700 employees, an
annual budget of approximately $222 million for FY 2020-21 and
serves approximately 108,000 constituents. The City of Santa Maria
is located on the beautiful central coast of California and covers
over 23 square miles. The City has a harmonious balance of
maintaining coastal and agricultural lands while promoting
business. Santa Maria has been recognized nationally as an
All-America City by the National Civic League and offers reasonably
priced housing, community festivals, quality schools, and is in
close proximity to beaches, cultural arts, a local airport,
wineries, and higher education institutions.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Dedicated to providing excellent customer service
- Positive/Can Do Attitude
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Detail & solution oriented
- Spanish speaking skills are highly desirable
These duties are a representative example; position assignments
may vary depending on the business needs of the department and
organization. This position:
- Positions assigned to Building Attendant may be responsible
- Performing general cleaning and light custodial functions in
the upkeep of assigned areas in City building.
- Cleaning restrooms; refilling soap and paper dispensers;
emptying and cleaning waste containers regularly.
- Locking and unlocking doors to ensure security of buildings and
related areas; activating/deactivating alarms.
- Checking for and reporting fire and safety hazards; reporting
- Setting up tables, chairs, and other equipment for meetings and
Monitors safe use of City facilities and equipment.Scope of
assigned area will depend on departmental structure and is at the
discretion of the Director.
- Upholds the values of the organization and has strong customer
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
Incumbents should have a solid foundation of the following core
competencies identified by the organization to be essential and
listed in order of importance (click the hyper link to see the full
definition Individual Contributor Competencies):
- Team Player - Effective performers are team oriented, share
resources, respond to requests, and support a spirit of cooperative
- Customer Orientation - Effective performers are in touch with
community needs and review the organization through the eyes of
Santa Maria residents. They go out of their way to anticipate
- Integrity - Effective performers think and act ethically and
honestly, take responsibility for their actions and foster a work
environment where integrity is rewarded.
- Composure - Effective performers maintain emotional control,
even under ambiguous or stressful circumstances, and demonstrate
emotions appropriate to the situation.
- Functional/Technical Expertise - Effective performers are
knowledgeable and skilled in a functional specialty (e.g., finance,
public works, planning, information technology, human resources,
etc.), and remain current in their area of expertise.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making - Effective performers
identify problems, solve them, act decisively, and show good
- Learning Agility - Effective performers continuously seek new
knowledge, are curious, learn quickly, and use new information
- Drive/Energy - Effective performers have a high level of energy
and are ambitious and passionate about their role. They have
stamina and endurance to maintain a fast pace.
- Recreation Leader II: one year of experience in recreation
and/or youth services.
- Building Attendant: six months of light custodial
Must be at least 16 years of age, with a work permit (if
applicable). May be required to be at least 18 years of age due to
work assignment environment.Current technical/professional
knowledge of complex principles, methods, standards and techniques
associated with the scope of work of a recognized profession.
- Public alcohol and smoking regulations.
- Effective verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent).
- Use computer and other office equipment effectively.
Licenses and/or certifications associated with the assignment,
- American Red Cross First Aid and CPR Certification.
Current Tuberculosis (less than six months) clearance slips
prior to employment is required.Possession of a valid and
appropriate Driver License. Must have and maintain a satisfactory
driving record and meet City liability requirements to drive for
City business. Requires completion of a background investigation to
the satisfaction of the City.The incumbent must meet the physical
requirements of the job class and have mobility, balance,
coordination, vision, hearing and dexterity levels appropriate to
the duties to be performed. May require completion of a
pre-employment physical to the satisfaction of the City.Reasonable
accommodation(s) for an individual with a qualified disability will
be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you are experiencing any technical (computer related)
difficulties or need help with attaching documents to your
application, please call the NEOGOV help line for assistance at
The most qualified candidates will be selected to appear before
a panel for an oral interview. Those applicants invited to
interview will be notified electronically at the e-mail address
provided by each candidate through application process. Therefore,
it is the applicant's responsibility to provide an accurate email
address and to allow their inbox to receive emails in regard to
this recruitment. A tentative oral interview date has been
scheduled for Wednesday, March 17, 2021. The oral board will
recommend a limited number of candidates to the eligibility list
from which the new Police Officer may be selected. This recruitment
may also establish an eligibility list for future Recreation Leader
II - Building Attendant openings.