Software Support Specialist
Company: 3DS Dassault Systems
Location: Paso Robles
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Imagine new horizons
DELMIA|Works (IQMS) Means Manufacturing. Our award-winning
manufacturing ERP software is tailored specifically for our
customers' factory environments. We understand your manufacturing
challenges and deliver a comprehensive solution that will set you
on the path to operational excellence. Structured around end-to-end
visibility and control, the DELMIA|Works (IQMS) system uniquely
combines manufacturing software, MES software, and ERP software to
improve every aspect of your business. Available in both cloud and
Our Technical Support Team has an immediate opening for a
Software Support Specialist - ERP for the DELMIA|Works products at
one of several office locations: Paso Robles, CA; Pleasanton, CA;
Shape your career with 3DS! #WeAre3DS
What will your role be?
- The primary focus of this position is to provide proactive
support through phone, email, and chat to customers and their use
of the DELMIA|Works Manufacturing modules.
Support can cover, user education, bug reporting, suggestions on
how to utilize the software, and back-end data
- Fields incoming customer, partner, and internal inquiries
regarding the software and determines whether the issue being
reported is an education issue, setup, or bug.
- Utilizes help manuals, KMS, and general knowledge of software
and manufacturing practices to make independent recommendations to
customers and draw conclusions on whether the software is working
- Documenting the case in CRM per procedures
The challenges ahead
- Independently perform back-end analysis of issues being
reported, while using gained expertise, experience, and judgment on
matters in support of our customers.
- Reading/understanding source code and utilizing software
knowledge/experience, to confirm whether the root cause of an issue
is a bug in the software or a data-related problem.
- When a bug is determined, able to duplicate issues after
identifying root cause, then test bugs through multiple versions
and creates a bug write up for Dev.
When the issue is data related, develop a plan of action to
deliver to the customer to correct the issue through the use of
front-end software, back-end data dictionary, and Metadata tools,
or through developing custom scripts or reports.
- Writes KMS Articles.
- For article writing, techs are responsible to utilize their own
knowledge of the software, industry best practices, and
professional experience in areas of manufacturing and finance.
Build out content through creative thinking to derive steps and
solutions to document in these articles that cover topics that are
not included in other help files and documentation.
- Assists peers with their caseload either through mentoring on
topics they are more familiar with, or through brainstorming
- Works through self-directed continued education on advanced
topics, as well as new modules and features.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
Your Key Success Factors
Additional preferred skills
- APICS training and certification is valued
- Experience with ERP Systems preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of SQL scripting preferred but not
- Knowledge of Crystal Report writing preferred but not
Keywords: 3DS Dassault Systems, Santa Maria , Software Support Specialist, Other , Paso Robles, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!