Chief Health Officer -Tribal Health
Company: Chumash Casino Resort
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: April 9, 2021
At the direction of the Health Board the Chief Health Officer is
responsible for the overall administration and management of the
health care delivery system, which includes establishing and
maintaining standards and efficiency in all medical, financial, and
operational areas of the program. Participate as a chair of the
- Ten (10) years of experience working in a public health or
health service agency with progressive responsibility for
management of programs, grants, fiscal, and personnel
- Thorough working knowledge of the purpose, priority, needs, and
mission of the organization.
- Ability to conduct strategic planning, implement programs,
policies, and priorities associated with the delivery of health
care services in a manner consistent with the health care needs of
Tribes, Native people, and the general public.
- Administrative experience, which includes developing management
and performance standards, departmental policies and procedures,
and contract and grant proposal development and compliance.
- Leadership ability to successfully accomplish the organizations
plans through multiple health care professionals and support
- Ability to evaluate and articulate program accomplishments for
the Health Board.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working
relationships with staff, communities, Tribes, Native people, and
the general public.
- Ability to handle complex issues, exercise sound judgement, and
engage in high-impact decision-making in various areas.
- Must be interested and knowledgeable about the local Indian
- Must exercise impeccable judgment as it applies to maintaining
patient and employee privacy and other confidential company
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
information and ideas clearly and accurately, both verbally and in
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Experience and sensitivity in working with culturally diverse
communities, including the ability to relate to and understand the
special and specific needs of Native Americans.
- Strong commitment to the mission, policies, and goals of the
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa Barbara
County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it is our
Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming back! With
more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and rewarding work
environment with a competitive benefits package, exciting growth
opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue
to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash Casino
Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station,
Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal
Administration, Hotel Corque and Root 246, Kita Wines, Hadsten
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference
applies Associated topics: bacteria, food, health, kinesiology,
medicine, microbiological, pharmacology, protein, therapy,
Keywords: Chumash Casino Resort, Santa Maria , Chief Health Officer -Tribal Health, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!