Executive Sous Chef
Company: Chumash Casino Resort
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Under the direction of the Executive Chef, the Executive Sous Chef
is responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of
the planning, preparation, production, and control of all culinary
operations in the resort's continuing effort to deliver outstanding
guest service and financial profitability. Manages the operations
of all the CCR kitchens to support daily restaurant operations and
banquet events. Manages staff and some administrative
responsibilities related to food and inventory levels of the
kitchens. Creates menus and ensures exceptional food products and
guest service are provided.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Culinary Arts Degree required and five years of experience in a
culinary management role in a four-diamond or greater hotel,
resort, or casino.
- Strong banquet background.
- Previous multi-outlet management experience.
- Experience in a high-end/luxury environment.
- Must understand and demonstrate the fundamentals of
- Proficient with the use of kitchen tools and equipment, knife
skills and measurements.
- Knowledge of the latest culinary trends and equipment
- Ability to develop and convert recipes
- Ability to create recipe costing sheets
- Exhibit a comfort level in the front of house by interacting
and communicating with guests of diverse socio-economic
- Knowledge of kitchen lingo, etiquette, culture and culinary
- Must be able to plan and supervise the daily operations of the
- Able to follow instructions, written and verbal, and perform
the job with professionalism.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deploy available resources
- Ability to produce a quality product on a consistent
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication
- Must be flexible and be able to adapt to a rapidly changing
- Must obtain food handler card within 30 days of
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the
Tribal Gaming Agency.
- Native American hiring preference applies.
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa Barbara
County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it is our
Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming back! With
more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and rewarding work
environment with a competitive benefits package, exciting growth
opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue
to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash Casino
Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station,
Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal
Administration, Hotel Corque and Root 246, Kita Wines, Hadsten
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference
applies. Associated topics: chief chef, executive chef, grill chef,
kitchen, lead, pastry, pastry chef, prep chef, restaurant chef,
Keywords: Chumash Casino Resort, Santa Maria , Executive Sous Chef, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!