POSITION TITLE: Commercial Loan Officer
REPORTS TO: Chief Credit Officer/Branch Manager
In accordance with established loan policies and procedures,
develops and manages commercial and consumer loans which provide
profitability to the bank with minimum risk. Interviews loan
applicants; collects and analyzes financial and related data to
determine applicant’s creditworthiness and merits of the specific
loan request. Approves or rejects loans requests within approved
lending limits. Presents loan requests in excess of lending limits
to other Loan Officers or Bank Loan Committee. Monitors existing
loans and delinquencies. Keeps current of lending laws, regulations
and practices. Interacts with all bank management and
Some qualifications that are required for this position include,
but are not limited to, the following:
• Develops and manages commercial and consumer loan accounts
that meet established loan policies and procedures and provide
profitability to the bank with minimum risk.
• Interviews applicants, collects, analyzes and verifies
financial and related data to establish the general
creditworthiness of the prospect and the merits of the specified
loan request. May obtain information through direct inspection of
the applicant’s business, and/or collateral, review of current
company financial reports, personal interview, credit report,
federal tax returns, and other means.
• Establishes and negotiates, where necessary, credit terms,
including costs, repayment method, and schedule and collateral
• Approves loans up to his/her lending limit. May approve loans
higher than lending limits, but must obtain concurrence.
• Prepares material for and presents loan request to Bank Loan
Committee when proposed dollar amount exceeds management’s lending
• Monitors customer’s creditworthiness and repayment activities
and takes necessary action to collect from past-due accounts.
• Personally calls on customers and prospects to develop new
• Maintains professional and community relations to increase the
Bank’s visibility and new business opportunities, and to further
• Keeps abreast of bank loan products and other financial
products and services to meet customer needs. Keeps current on
lending laws, regulations, and practices.
• Ensure compliance with Bank policies and procedures.
• Provides excellent customer service by greeting customers in
person and on the telephone, provides general information, answers
questions and direct individuals to appropriate person as
necessary. Contact requiring courtesy, discretion, and sound
• Occasionally responsible for the staff and operations of
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of
the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of
specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment
to the position.
Licensing and Certification
Federal MLO Active Registration through the Nationwide Mortgage
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
Degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent
education or experience.
Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize work and meet
Strong verbal, written and public speaking skills and
Knowledge of regulations within the banking industry.
Strong word processing skills.
At the time of hire, and as a condition of employment, applicant
must comply with a background screening.