If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process.
Director - CCRM Full-time Regular Santa Maria, CA, US
6 days ago Requisition ID: 1186
The Rescue Mission Alliance (RMA) is a Christian non-profit
organization that has been serving the less fortunate in Southern
California through emergency and long-term rehabilitation services
since 1972. RMA partners with local churches to meet the spiritual
needs of the people we serve. The San Fernando Valley Rescue
Mission (SFVRM) has a 90-bed facility dedicated to assisting
homeless families, a street outreach program, and is planning a
men’s addiction recovery program. Established in 1998, SFVRM is a
vital part of RMA that offers emergency shelter, life recovery and
The Director of the Central Coast Rescue Mission (CCRM) is
responsible to oversee the development and implementation of all
services provided through this ministry location in response to the
community needs and in alignment with RMA’s mission, vision, and
values. This is a full-time, exempt position located in Santa
Maria, CA, and reports to the Regional Vice President of
Ministries. Compensation is commensurate with skills and
experience, and includes benefits.
The Director will oversee a growing ministry to the hungry,
homeless, and addicted, including a residential Life Recovery
Program and thrift store operations. The Director will be
responsible for planning and goal setting, program organization,
budgeting, decision making, personnel recruiting and motivation,
training, and ministry development.
The Director will collaborate with local churches, agencies,
school districts, and government boards to affect an integrated
program capable of meeting the felt needs within the community, and
facilitate and model commitment to the ministry of
· Work with the Regional VP of Ministries and the Advisory Board
to establish strategic and tactical plans for the implementation of
RMA’s outreach into the local community as it relates to homeless
men, women and children, to families in poverty, men and women with
addiction problems, and abused women.
· Oversee and develop the CCRM ministry in alignment with Rescue
Mission Alliance’s (RMA) purpose and objectives and community
· Communicate vision and spiritual direction for the ministry to
the staff, volunteers, clients, and donors.
· Manage and coordinate efforts of the CCRM ensuring that all
staff are aligned and working together toward common goals.
· Interact and network with community, church, agency and
educational leaders to affect positive joint outcomes.
· Keep Department Managers/Staff apprised of important people
issues, programs, and projects.
· Foster and encourage teamwork across ministries and
· Provide monthly ministry reports to Regional VP of
· Maintain a personal “hands?on” connection with the
· Strive for continuous improvement and excellence for ministry
programs and services by evaluating and implementing best practices
both internally and externally.
· Maintain a purposeful connection between CCRM and thrift
operations, including work therapy and vocational training,
volunteerism, and community awareness.
· Develop and maintain community support through volunteerism,
donor relations, and community partnerships.
· Prioritize efforts for major donor cultivation, development,
· Collaborate with the Development Department in strategy and
methods for encouraging donor partnerships at all levels
· Provide Donor Development with stories and measures of lives
changed through the ministry, and provide feedback for Mission
communications and publications.
· Develop and execute community, volunteer and major donor
· Build relationships with local government and community
agencies, and participate in community groups.
· Conduct and participate in the performance evaluation process
for providing feedback on strengths and development needs.
· Maintain a high?level of integrity, camaraderie, and
professional relationships with staff.
· Responsible for the development and training of ministry
· Involved in recruiting and selecting all staff positions in
· Develop, document, and administer department policies
· Promote RMA Safety Program and ensure compliance, model safe
work practices, provide safety training, and recognition for safe
· Develop an annual ministry plan and budget, making adjustments
as needed and monitoring throughout the year.
· Approve and manage expenses relative to budget.
· Manage all financial matters in accordance with RMA
Other Duties & Responsibilities
· Serve as a member of the Directors team in impacting overall
operations at RMA
· Participate in other activities, programs/teams to support the
greater purposes of RMA
This position is responsible for all staff and operations, and
directly oversees Program Managers, Donor and Community Relations ,
as well as other staff positions as organizationally
· A Bible based Christian faith compatible with RMA’s Statement
of Faith manifesting the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-23) and an
active member of an Evangelical church.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related
· Bible School/Seminary degree or equivalent experience.
· 5 years of management and supervisory experience.
· Experience in directing the operations of a rescue mission or
· Valid CA driver’s license and insurable under RMA.
· Must be committed to serving God and the body of Christ.
· Genuine burden to have people come to Christ and to have their
· Sincere desire to be a "Servant Leader" in everyday
· Must have compatible theology with RMA core values and
Statement of Faith.
· Must have a teachable spirit and be committed to team
· Must be an initiator who can work under deadlines.
· Must have proven leadership abilities: motivation,
communication, judgment, coordination, measuring results, and
· Excellent people skills; with demonstrated ability to motivate
staff, pastors, and community leaders.
· Ability to raise funds for ministry - preferably with proven
This position requires extended times of work in an office
environment in meetings and working at a desk and computer. In
addition, the hands-on nature of the position at times may lend
itself to moving boxes of food, clothing, and set-up/tear down of
special events, such as tables, chairs, etc. Able to lift up to 30
· Basic office equipment, such as computers, copiers, and
· Cars and light trucks.
This position will function to a large degree in an office
environment. As a part of normal duties this position will also be
in facilities with an at-risk population where errant behavior and
disease may be present, as well as commercial settings where medium
duty equipment may be in use, such as forklifts and bailers.
Appropriate safety considerations will be required to avoid illness