Company: Atlas Copco Mafi-Trench Company LLC
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 3, 2020
* Define aerodynamics best practice, wheel family standard
curves and limitations for expander compressor sizing and
* Model production designs with CFD for virtual tests and design
* Design new impellers and wheel family standards.
* Develop CFD tools to facilitate faster and more complete
* Support in house test and field performance challenges as
* Provide engineering support for sales, applications, aftermarket
* Collaborate with GAP entities to ensure optimum sharing of
designs and knowledge.
* Communicate with drafting, engineering and manufacturing. Read,
interact with, update 3-D models and 2-D drawings as required.
* Support technical meetings with customers and suppliers. Provide
accurate technical answers to engineering issues.
* Attend conferences/study to keep abreast of the developments in
* Maintain up to date documentation on all responsible
* Follow all applicable company procedures and work
* Bachelor of Science in Aeronautical / Mechanical Engineering or
similar field minimum. MS or PhD recieve higher consideration and
* Experience with the design of aerodynamic turbine blades or
* Experience with rotor dynamics of turbines or other high-speed
* Familiarity with blade design principles and software, Concepts
* Familiarity with CFD analysis and tools, Numeca FINE/Turbo
* Proficient in 3D design and modeling, Solidworks preferred.
* Experience with stress analysis and FEA software
* Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills including
communication, self-starter, positive make-happen attitude,
handling multiple tasks, team player.
* Analytical thinking, curiosity and detail orientation inclined to
consider the underlying causal relationships and unexplained
* Able to learn to self correct and self improve.We add value
wherever we do business The Atlas Copco Group serves customers
through innovative compressors, vacuum solutions, generators,
pumps, power tools, and assembly systems. We are a global and
diverse Group of many strong brands and around 34 000 employees
representing different cultures in more than 180 countries. We have
a wide range of positions so whatever your interests or area of
expertise, we offer interesting challenges and the opportunity to
grow. Learn more at www.atlascopcogroup.com
Atlas Copco Mafi-Trench Company LLC is an equal opportunity
employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment related
decisions because of race, color, sex, religion, national origin,
age, disability, sexual preference, genetic information, protected
veteran status or any other protected class. Job promotions at
Atlas Copco will be based on such factors as quality of work, prior
job performance, attendance, safety record, and ability to work
well with others.
Accessibility Notice: If you need reasonable accommodation for any
part of the employment process due to a physical or mental
disability, please send an email to:
email@example.com or call 973-397-3400. Reasonable
accommodation requests will be considered on a case-by-case
Keywords: Atlas Copco Mafi-Trench Company LLC, Santa Maria , Aerodynamics Engineer, Other , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!