Pastry Cook (Nipomo,CA)
Company: Chumash Casino Resort
Posted on: May 4, 2021
- Prepares and serves pastry food items for a la carte,
restaurant, and banquet operations according to established recipes
and standards and using both hot and cold cooking methods.
- Delivers exceptional guest service at applicable food outlets
(i.e., prompt, friendly, professional, and responsive), using
proper greeting and departure phrases and service standards
established by F&B management.
- Ensures the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas,
utensils, and equipment.
- Maintains full knowledge of all menu items, daily features, and
- Follows kitchen policies, procedures, and service
- Follows all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
- Keeps the floor area clear of debris and slipping hazards.
- At the end of each work shift, ensures work stations, cooking
ranges, and associated equipment have been properly cleared of
cookware and food items, and the surfaces of equipment and stations
are completely cleaned and sanitized.
- May work in different areas/outlets as business or staffing
- If stationed at applicable food outlet, provides information on
resort amenities, events, promotions, etc. in order to increase
levels of guest service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Three years of experience in the culinary field.
- Diploma or Certification in a culinary discipline is
- Able to maintain composure at times of high volume.
- Must be able to work effectively within a team.
- Knowledge of kitchen lingo, etiquette, culture, and culinary
- Must be able to read, write, understand, and adjust recipes
according to business levels
- Basic English reading, writing, and conversation skills.
- Must be able to read labels, ingredients, and instructions, and
write basic lists, notes, and directions; able to converse
effectively with co-workers and understand directions.
- Must be familiar with standard pastry methods such as creaming,
pie dough, and mousse.
- Must be able to produce basic pastry dishes and concepts.
- Must be able to read, understand, and use all standard
- Must have the ability to artfully present pastry dishes.
- Must have knowledge of weights and measures, and be proficient
in math skills, such as addition, subtraction, division,
multiplication, and percentages.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules and hours, including
nights, weekends, special events, and holidays.
- Must follow safety guidelines and grooming standards.
- Must maintain uniforms, using proper washing and ironing
techniques, if applicable.
- Must obtain food handler card within 30 days of
- If stationed at applicable food outlet, must be certified or be
able to obtain certification in an approved alcoholic awareness
program within 90 days of employment.
- Must apply for, receive, and maintain a Gaming License from the
Tribal Gaming Agency.
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa Barbara
County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it is our
Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming back! With
more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and rewarding work
environment with a competitive benefits package, exciting growth
opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue
to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash Casino
Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station,
Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal
Administration, Hotel Corque and Root 246, Kita Wines, Hadsten
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference
applies. Associated topics: corporate kitchen, culinary school,
executive, executive kitchen, pastry chef, pizza chef, restaurant
chef, service, sushi, sushi chef
Keywords: Chumash Casino Resort, Santa Maria , Pastry Cook (Nipomo,CA), Hospitality & Tourism , Nipomo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!