Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Home Health (Part-Time/Benefitted)
Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: March 1, 2019
Dignity Health Home Health promotes the mission and values of Dignity Health, a vibrant, National Health Care System known for service, chosen for clinical excellence, standing in partnership with patients, employees and physicians. We seek to improve the health of all communities served. With three locations along the beautiful Central Coast of California, we provide quality care to patients in the home setting from San Luis Obispo County to Northern Santa Barbara County. We have offices in Atascadero, Santa Maria and Lompoc, meeting care needs of the diverse communities. Dignity Health Home Health is a Medicare Certified, State licensed agency that earned deemed-status accreditation by The Joint Commission. Our community based palliative care program was recently certified by the Joint Commission. We proudly serve patients in various stages of life on their health journey.
The Home Health Occupational Therapist will work together with a multi-disciplinary team to provide care, identify functional goals and outcomes, and increase independence for our patients and their families. Home occupational therapists specialize in aiding patients who have limitations in function by examining and evaluating the patient to develop and execute a plan of care in collaboration with the physician.
Home health occupational therapists will have the ability to work autonomously, and participate in care coordination with the treatment team, physicians, and referral sources. The occupational therapist will work with patients, their families and the care team to achieve recovery and to re-engage the patient with their community.
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (NBCOTA)
- Rehab experience preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of practice as a NBCOT preferred.
- Certification by the Occupational Therapy Certification Board (NBCOT) required.
- Communicate effectively in English with professional quality both verbally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Use computer, printer, and programs necessary to the position
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and standards and techniques of how to use and maintain Occupational Therapy equipment.
- Perform technical patient care/occupational therapy assistant activities
- Knowledge of safety and body mechanics to avoid injury to self or patient.
- Skill in writing reports, preparing correspondence and keeping patient care records.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, coworkers, residents, medical staff, and the public.
- Skill in identifying and recommending problem resolution.
- Work calmly and respond courteously when under pressure; accept direction
- Skills to perform functions within established productivity standards.
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Home Health (Part-Time/Benefitted), Healthcare , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!