Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: February 4, 2019
Marian Regional Medical Center , located in Santa Maria, CA, is nationally ranked among the top 10% in the nation for safety core measures in Cardiac Services and has the only comprehensive Cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. In April 2012, Marian opened its doors to a brand new state-of-the-art facility which houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian's new hospital includes 191 beds, expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, NICU and women's services.
Marian is a Dignity Health member of the Central Coast, which also includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, CA and French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dignity Health of the Central Coast is recognized for the highest quality hospitals, physicians from the top medical schools in the country, primary care offices to ensure access for all patients, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging centers, outpatient services and a comprehensive home health service; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as well as to advance the community's access to health care.
In keeping with the Rehabilitation Department philosophy, the Speech Therapist performs all phases of speech therapy
evaluation, treatment planning, treatment and documentation, and performs other tasks related to quality of care and
effective department function. Performs such typical distinguishing duties as: evaluating patients, participating in the
treatment program planning; administering speech therapy modalities, procedures and tests; documenting accurate
patient records and progress notes; maintaining appropriate oral or written contact with the referring physician and
co-workers. Ensures a clean and safe work environment by being alert for unsafe conditions and malfunctioning
equipment and using appropriate procedures for their correction. Performs other related duties, such as participating in
all departmental functions and activities as required, including in-service education, clerical and other tasks relevant to
effective department function as necessary.
- Two years professional experience as a speech therapist preferred; working with adult and child language and speech disorders and swallowing, preferred.
- New graduates considered on individual basis. Education Required:
- Bachelor's Degree Special Skills Required:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately; possesses good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the principles, techniques, and procedures within the scope of their practice as a Speech Therapist.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a team environment, collaborating with other patient-care team members, physicians, and patients and their families.
- Ability to teach techniques and procedures of speech therapy to patients and their caregivers.
- Able to work with minimal supervision. Licensure/Certification Required:
- Licensed, or eligible for licensure, by the State of California Board of Medical Quality Assurance (LIC SLP)
- Basic Life Support AHA (CT CPRBLS)
- Contractors will also provide proof of professional liability, annual PPD and Physical Exams
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , Speech Therapist, Healthcare , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!