OR Clinical Assistant
Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: February 3, 2019
Marian Regional Medical Center , located in Santa Maria, CA, is nationally ranked among the top 10% in the nation for safety core measures in Cardiac Services and has the only comprehensive Cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. In April 2012, Marian opened its doors to a brand new state-of-the-art facility which houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian's new hospital includes 191 beds, expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, NICU and women's services.
Marian is a Dignity Health member of the Central Coast, which also includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, CA and French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dignity Health of the Central Coast is recognized for the highest quality hospitals, physicians from the top medical schools in the country, primary care offices to ensure access for all patients, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging centers, outpatient services and a comprehensive home health service; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as well as to advance the community's access to health care.
About This Position
In keeping with Marian Medical Center health care philosophy, the Clinical Assistant supports and promotes the provision of quality patient care by cleaning, processing and sterilizing instruments and surgical ware at MMC and applicable entities.
The CA participates in transporting of patients, errands, and being a member of the surgical team during the intraopertive phase. The CA functions as a liaison with the OR and other departments, taking an important role in the operations of the center core. The Clinical Assistant is aware of safety policies and procedures for patients, co-workers, equipment, and self. Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation used in surgical and invasive procedures. Demonstrates ability to prioritize work, works without close supervision, and has a memory for details. Demonstrates ability to work in a stressful environment while remaining calm, efficient and focused. Demonstrates ability to assume on call status according to departmental needs. Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology and basic procedures. Demonstrates ability to role model specialty skills.
- Current CPR certification.
- Six to twelve months of related experience.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work tactfully and demonstrates working knowledge of hospital safety policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of instrumentation used in surgical and invasive procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize work, works without close supervision, and has a memory for details.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a stressful environment while remaining calm, efficient and focused.
- Demonstrates ability to assume on call status according to departmental needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medical terminology and basic procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to role model specialty skills.
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , OR Clinical Assistant, Healthcare , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!