Home Health Occupational Therapist
Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: January 10, 2019
Dignity Health Home Health promotes the mission and values of Dignity Health, a vibrant, National Health Care System known for service, chosen for clinical excellence, standing in partnership with patients, employees and physicians. We seek to improve the health of all communities served. With three locations along the beautiful Central Coast of California, we provide quality care to patients in the home setting from San Luis Obispo County to Northern Santa Barbara County. We have offices in Atascadero, Santa Maria and Lompoc, meeting care needs of the diverse communities. Dignity Health Home Health is a Medicare Certified, State licensed agency that earned deemed-status accreditation by The Joint Commission. Our community based palliative care program was recently certified by the Joint Commission. We proudly serve patients in various stages of life on their health journey.
The Home Health Occupational Therapist will work together with a multi-disciplinary team to provide care, identify functional goals and outcomes, and increase independence for our patients and their families. Home occupational therapists specialize in aiding patients who have limitations in function by examining and evaluating the patient to develop and execute a plan of care in collaboration with the physician.
Home health occupational therapists will have the ability to work autonomously, and participate in care coordination with the treatment team, physicians, and referral sources. The occupational therapist will work with patients, their families and the care team to achieve recovery and to re-engage the patient with their community.
- Graduate of an accredited school of occupational therapy (accredited jointly by AOTA and by the Council on Medical Education of the AMA). Completion of Hospice Orientation Program, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately; possesses good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the principles, techniques, and procedures within the scope of their practice as an Occupational Therapist.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently. Demonstrates ability to function in a team environment, collaborating with other patient-care team members, physicians, and patients and their families.
- Ability to teach techniques and procedures of physical therapy to patients and their caregivers. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Member of Occupational Therapists Association of California (OTAC). CPR certification. California driver?s license and automobile liability insurance. Contractors will also provide proof of professional liability, annual PPD and physical exam., required.
- 2 years previous experience as an occupational therapist preferred but not required; previous hand therapy experience preferred but not required. #hellotherapy
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , Home Health Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!