Home Health Occupational Therapist
Company: Marian Regional Medical Center
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: November 18, 2018
Marian Regional Medical Center, located in Santa Maria, CA, is nationally ranked among the top 10% in the nation for safety core measures in Cardiac Services and has the only comprehensive Cancer treatment and resource program from Los Angeles to San Francisco. In April 2012, Marian opened its doors to a brand new state-of-the-art facility which houses the latest technology to support excellent physicians and caregivers who deliver compassionate care each and every day. Marian's new hospital includes 191 beds, expanded and enhanced Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, NICU and women's services.
Marian is a Dignity Health member of the Central Coast, which also includes Arroyo Grande Community Hospital in Arroyo Grande, CA and French Hospital Medical Center in San Luis Obispo, CA. Dignity Health of the Central Coast is recognized for the highest quality hospitals, physicians from the top medical schools in the country, primary care offices to ensure access for all patients, premier ambulatory surgery centers, technologically advanced imaging centers, outpatient services and a comprehensive home health service; all recognized for quality, safety and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to provide additional funding to support new programs and services, as well as to advance the community's access to health care.
About This Position:
In keeping with the Agency/Hospice healthcare philosophy, the Occupational Therapist performs all phases of occupational therapy evaluation, treatment planning, treatment and documentation, and performs other tasks related to quality of care and effective department function. Performs such typical distinguishing duties as: evaluating patients; participating in the treatment program planning; administering occupational therapy modalities, procedures and tests; documenting accurate patient records and progress notes; maintaining appropriate oral or written contact with the referring physician and co-workers.
Ensures a clean and safe work environment by being alert for unsafe conditions and malfunctioning equipment and using appropriate procedures for their correction; supervises aides in the participation in the overall treatment program. Assists DPCS, Hospice Supervisor, and QI Coordinator with QI as required. Performs other related duties, such as participating in all departmental functions and activities as required, including in-service education, clerical and other tasks relevant to effective department function as necessary.
- Graduate of an accredited school of occupational therapy (accredited jointly by AOTA and by the Council on Medical Education of the AMA). Completion of Hospice Orientation Program, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, clearly, concisely, and accurately; possesses good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the principles, techniques, and procedures within the scope of their practice as an Occupational Therapist.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently. Demonstrates ability to function in a team environment, collaborating with other patient-care team members, physicians, and patients and their families.
- Ability to teach techniques and procedures of physical therapy to patients and their caregivers. Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Member of Occupational Therapists Association of California (OTAC). CPR certification. California driver?s license and automobile liability insurance. Contractors will also provide proof of professional liability, annual PPD and physical exam., required.
- 2 years previous experience as an occupational therapist preferred but not required; previous hand therapy experience preferred but not required. #hellotherapy
Keywords: Marian Regional Medical Center, Santa Maria , Home Health Occupational Therapist, Healthcare , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!