Clinical Informatics Nurse (Nipomo,CA)
Company: Chumash Casino Resort
Posted on: May 5, 2021
The Clinical Informatics Nurse performs a role in case management
and medical informatics to create useful and meaningful reports,
tools, interfaces, workflows, templates, and analyses to support
the clinic's mission and the medical department's objectives.
Assists with developing computer-based solutions for the health
care team in their efforts to promote health care prevention and
maintenance and to address chronic care management for all
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed Vocational Nurse license valid in California;
Registered Nurse license valid in California is preferred.
- Current and valid CPR certification. Experience:
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a medical setting. Additional
- Strong knowledge and understanding of EHR systems (preferably
NextGen), including reporting, workflows, mapping, and
- Ability to extract data from multiple systems and compile
needed information for end goals (e.g., data analysis, grant
- Ability to train a diverse audience on EHR, Population Health,
etc.; ability to articulate the effects of actions within the
system in how they help/hinder goal achievement.
- Ability to effectively work within a team to understand systems
and pain points, communicate concerns to both medical and
non-medical staff and management, and develop and implement
solutions to address concerns affecting workflow, productivity, and
- Demonstrates self-motivation, takes on projects/tasks
willingly, acts on opportunities to improve or gain knowledge, and
contributes new ideas in a constructive manner.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate
information clearly and accurately, both verbally and in
- Strong knowledge, skills, and abilities in providing patient
care within the scope of an LVN/RN.
- Must have accuracy and attention to detail on clinical,
technical, procedural, and administrative tasks.
- Ability to relate to patients of diverse backgrounds in
potentially stressful situations.
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team,
providing excellent service while maintaining patient
- Ability to physically assist a patient in distress.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to balance demands, multiple issues,
conflicts, and time pressures constructively and efficiently to
meet organizational needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office suite of
- Must have a strong commitment to mission, policies and goals of
the tribal clinic. About Us:
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa Barbara
County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it is our
Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming back! With
more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and rewarding work
environment with a competitive benefits package, exciting growth
opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue
to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash Casino
Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station,
Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal
Administration, Hotel Corque and Root 246, Kita Wines, Hadsten
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference
applies. Associated topics: business development, case management,
development, manage, plan, project, program development, program
management, project development, resource development
Keywords: Chumash Casino Resort, Santa Maria , Clinical Informatics Nurse (Nipomo,CA), Healthcare , Nipomo, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!