Senior Molecular Geneticist
Company: Central Coast Agriculture, Inc.
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Senior Molecular Geneticist in Buellton, California - Careers at
The Farm Skip Branding About Genetics Farming Contact Contact Jobs
Geneticist in Buellton, California - Careers at The Farm Skip to
Main Content Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable
cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features
of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome
page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back in! Senior
Molecular Geneticist Job Locations US-CA-Buellton ID 2020-1030
Category Operations Type Full Time Overview About Central Coast
Agriculture: Headquartered north of Santa Barbara in the heart of
the Santa Ynez Valley, CCA is a company focused on utilizing
science and sustainability to grow quality, modern crops. Our
unmatched commitment to innovating both organic farming and modern
manufacturing means our customers have access to products that
exceed expectations. We breed, grow, and cultivate the highest
quality Cannabis so we can then process, manufacture, and package
the highest quality single-source products on the market under our
brand, Raw Garden. We are a team of change makers, modern farmers,
scientists, and business professionals focused on leading the
charge for agricultural innovation. We are on a mission to be the
most trusted and loved brand in Cannabis. About The Role: As a
Senior Molecular Geneticist, you will play a highly collaborative
role within a scientifically diverse R&D team. You will be the
subject matter expert in Cannabis genomics, marker association
studies, and marker assay design. You will collaborate with the
Breeding, Genomics, Chemistry, Engineering, and Process Development
teams to collect data in appropriate formats to achieve Team goals.
Data collection will also need to be considered in the context of a
long-term strategic plan for data archival, access, and mining.
This individual will be responsible for bringing improved
productivity to the R&D Teams by improving efficiency of data
collection and improving insights from these datasets.
Responsibilities About The Role: As a Senior Molecular Geneticist,
you will play a highly collaborative role within a scientifically
diverse R&D team. You will be the subject matter expert in
Cannabis genomics, marker association studies, and marker assay
design. You will collaborate with the Breeding, Genomics,
Chemistry, Engineering, and Process Development teams to collect
data in appropriate formats to achieve Team goals. Data collection
will also need to be considered in the context of a long-term
strategic plan for data archival, access, and mining. This
individual will be responsible for bringing improved productivity
to the R&D Teams by improving efficiency of data collection and
improving insights from these datasets. What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Breeding Team to design lab and field
trials to generate marker-trait associations.
- Collaborate with the Breeding Team and Bioinformatics team to
design qPCR assays for discovered DNA markers
- Develop in house LAMP, Taqman and KASP qPCR assays for Y
chromosome, flowering time loci, terpene variation.
- Validate genetic markers from mapping studies using qPCR
- Recover high mw genomic DNA for NGS applications from leaf
- Recover qPCR-grade DNA from leaf hole punches.
- Replicate currently available marker assays.
- Generate, organize, and visualize, and communicate genotype
- Achieve high-throughput scalability of screens.
- Screen breeding samples for desired markers and return data to
stakeholders within a fast, actionable time frame.
- DNA fingerprint clonally propagated mothers and perform
genotyping QA for the Nursery clone program.
- Evaluate utility of doubled haploid and triploid breeding
- Determine causal variation for high value traits and evaluate
it for CRSPR applications.
- Sequence pathogen microbiomes and design qPCR quantification
- Develop and draft documentations and SOPs for new
- Identify equipment, space, and utility requirements to set-up
both hardware and software to support R&D.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or inherent to the
- Prioritize work in a fast-paced environment to limit downtime
and keep operations moving.
- Ensure that safety is first priority in everything you do.
- Maintain professionalism and live CCA's core values at all
- Position Requirements:
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in relevant discipline or Bachelors
degree with 5+ years relevant work experience.
- A combination of relevant Biological Science and Computer
Science education highly desired. Molecular Biology, Biology,
Engineering, Computational Biology, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics,
Computer Science or related disciplines.
- Experience with genomic datasets.
- Experience creating marker assays for a breeding program at a
- Experience creating, refining & managing processes
- Proficiency with data entry, running analyses and creating
- Statistical process control skills and use of statistical
- Project management experience; able to take a project from
start to finish with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrate attention to detail and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize work
- Demonstrate motivation and a good work ethic under minimal
- Constantly questioning the way things are done in a
constructive manner and thrives on change that improves
- Effective leadership and strategic influencing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at one
- Expert user of Microsoft Office and Google's G suite.
- This Scientist will work with the highest attention to detail
and data integrity. The qualified candidate will be highly
collaborative and have excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire.
- Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format.
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Vacation and Holidays Options Apply for this job online Apply
Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is
not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and
try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading... Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Central Coast Agriculture, Inc., Santa Maria , Senior Molecular Geneticist, Healthcare , Buellton, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!