Landscape Supply Branch Manager
Company: Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: February 15, 2019
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 15% Average SUMMARY The Ewing Branch Manager shall exemplify honesty and integrity in the course of all business activities; financial responsibilities; and customer, employee and home office interactions in accordance with all Ewing policies. The Branch Manager directs and manages the overall daily operations of the branch in accordance with company and regional goals to obtain optimum efficiency of operations, maximum sales and profitability. The Branch Manager ensures that all image, customer service, security, legal and human resources guidelines are met, and that the supporting employee recruitment, training and development is provided. Although this job description is intended to be comprehensive, you may be assigned additional responsibilities by management. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTIBILITIES Branch Managers are expected to spend substantially more than half of their working time engaged in the duties and responsibilities detailed below. On occasion, managers may be required to assist employees in sales transactions, but this activity must be kept to a minimum. The circumstances when a manager may make the decision to perform a sales transaction would be to instruct/train employees, when temporarily short staffed, when additional technical knowledge is necessary, or when there are 3 or more customers waiting in line. However, even when conducting a sales transaction, a Branch Manager still remains responsible for the branch and its operations. The job performance of a Branch Manager will be evaluated based upon the Managers effectiveness in executing the duties and responsibilities listed below. RESPONSIBILITIES Leadership & Communication
- Responsible for communicating job expectations to branch staff; planning, assigning and directing work; training, monitoring, appraising, reviewing, rewarding and disciplining employee performance; and enforcing Company policies and procedures.
- Interface and facilitate communication with vendor representatives, regional management and Home Office staff.
- Organize, schedule and conduct monthly branch meetings with employees. Topics must include safety briefing and compliance, recaps of regional meetings and/or Development & Leadership Conferences (DLCs), upcoming sales initiatives and promotions, etc.
- Provide strategic sales and operational planning updates and progress reporting to Regional Manager. (Minimum: monthly - this can be communicated via conference call, emails, personal meetings, etc.)
- Ensure all employees under your supervision read and contribute to Company communications, including (but not limited to) the Branch Briefs, E-News Alert, Presidents Message, regional newsletters, etc.
- Actively contribute to Company internal communication mediums by providing relevant information for inclusion in the Branch Briefs, newsletters, etc. (Relevant information may include employee spotlights, successful promotions or events, sales tips, etc.)
- Coach employees to enhance job performance to ensure employees are qualified to deliver the Ewing service standards and expected customer experience.
- Serve as a conflict resolution facilitator for employees, customers, vendors, and Home Office staff.
- Champion the Ewing culture and commitment throughout all business activities.
- Participate and represent Ewing in relevant regional organizations, associations and activities. Operations
- Develop an annual plan for the branch in accordance with the Companys strategic objectives.
- Management of daily branch operations, including inventory management, budgets, forecasting, compliance, marketing, merchandising and other general duties.
- Complete business activity reporting and expense entry, and ensure business activity reporting/expense entry for employees is completed in a timely fashion in accordance with Company procedures.
- Recruit, interview, hire and train branch personnel. Minimum branch staffing requirements include a Manager plus two full-time equivalent employees. It is the Managers responsibility to plan for proper staffing of your branch during vacations, turnover, etc.
- Plan the work, direct employees, and determine that standard operating procedures are being followed.
- Evaluate employees on their individual performance and recommend merit pay increases.
- Administer the corrective action process (up to and including termination) when performance or conduct is unacceptable, and use proper documentation following company guidelines.
- Conduct investigations associated with branch operations, customer complaints and employee issues.
- Ensure payroll records are accurate, and that hourly employees clock in and out in accordance with Company policy, as well as state/federal laws and regulations.
- Develop and execute branch specific strategies and train branch staff on the art of promoting Ewings products, services and education programs.
- Develop and communicate with branch staff specific short-term and long-term sales and profitability goals.
- Oversight of facility management, including (but not limited to) strategy and scheduling for vehicle/equipment maintenance; cost-saving strategies; supply stocking levels; and the maintenance, cleanliness and organization of the branch and yard.
- Master and adopt the use of basic company tools and systems including technology, software, email, etc. Adhere to proper documentation and reporting procedures set forth by the Company.
- Ensure a safe working environment and compliance with state/federal safety standards. Professional Development
- Develop and adjust Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for branch service professionals based on branch, Company and regional initiatives and objectives, as well as individual professional goals and requirements.
- Perform regular performance reviews based on individual business plans and IDP goals, and provide constructive feedback. A minimum of two thorough performance reviews must be completed per employee.
- Update personal job knowledge and leadership skill set by participating in ongoing educational opportunities (i.e. Development & Leadership Conferences, regional meetings, and pertinent training opportunities).
- Coordinate/offer product and technical training to staff. Business Development
- Develop and execute branch marketing and merchandising plan and host/execute business development events, including educational seminars and hands-on workshops, vendor product days, customer appreciation events, barbeques, etc. (Minimum: one event quarterly, or up to the discretion of the Regional Manager).
- Cultivate and maintain customer relationships, and provide sales support, education, and business development opportunities for customers; conduct customer and prospect visits, product demonstrations, and field troubleshooting as needed to achieve branch sales objectives.
- Develop strategies, execute and coach branch service professionals on (and contribute toward) the ongoing maintenance, expansion, and diversification of the branch customer base.
- Provide support for regional sales team members in serving customers and achieving sales objectives.
- Maximize branch sales opportunities by collaborating with the marketing, purchasing, inside sales and credit departments.
- Perform sales development activities, including (but not limited to) sales calls; prospect calls; project quoting and pricing; analyzing sales trends and purchase history; analyzing product mix and stratification; and oversight of marketing database maintenance. Ewing offers competitive salaries, ongoing training opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Profit Sharing401(k) Employer Match
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Employer-Paid Life Insurance
- Employee Purchase Program
- Direct Deposit/Chase-- Pay Card Plus Program
- Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision Plans
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- College Savings 529 Program
- Counseling Services
- Scholarship Program
- ...and More
Keywords: Ewing Irrigation and Landscape Supply, Santa Maria , Landscape Supply Branch Manager, Executive , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!