Senior Director Surgical Services
Company: Dignity Health
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Responsibilities:This position will have oversight for Marian Regional Medical Center, OR, Plaza Surgery, and Arroyo Grande ORSelection Criteria:
- Experience: Minimum of five (5) years of nursing experience and three (3) years of nurse leadership experience.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (e. g. BSN) and Master's degree in nursing or other-related field (e. g. MSN/MBA/MHA)
- Licensure: Registered Nursing License (RN)Job Summary
- Provides expert clinical guidance in a specialized field and coordinates patient care quality initiatives.
- Job Responsibility 1 :Assesses a healthcare facility's nursing practice and its impact on patient outcomes. Oversees established patient care standards and develops and implements quality improvement initiatives.
- Job Responsibility 2 :Provides clinical direction to nursing staff in the delivery of patient care programs. Provides complex, direct patient care, often in an area of specialty.
- Job Responsibility 3 :Provides consultative care and guidance to patients, family, and other members of the clinical staff.
- Job Responsibility 4 : Conducts research into area of specialty and uses findings to provide measurable improvements in patient care and clinical outcomes.Summary of Essential Cognitive FunctionsAbility to comprehend and follow instructions; maintain attention and concentration for necessary periods; synthesize, coordinate, and analyze data, perform simple and repetitive tasks; maintain a work pace appropriate to given work load; perform complex and varied tasks; relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions; get along with co-workers and peers; understand the meaning of words and how to use them appropriately and effectively; understand and remember detailed instructions; make independent decisions or exercise judgment based on appropriate information; accept and carry out responsibility for direction, control and planning.Compliance StatementIncumbents in this position shall comply with all applicable laws and rules including the Employer Standards of Conduct and Employer policies and procedures that apply to his/her job responsibilities, seek guidance when in doubt, promptly report any potential or suspected violation of Employer Standards of Conduct, Employer policy or procedure or applicable laws/regulations and when requested, assist Employer personnel in investigating all allegations of violation. When called upon, the incumbent shall assist in risk evaluation and work collaboratively with facility/entity leaders to implement, monitor and mitigate risk corrective plans outlined by the Compliance program#RN@DHQualificationsClinical, supervisory, and leadership experience. Five years of direct OR experience. Minimum five years progressive, responsible management and supervisory experience. Two years clinical skills development related to services supervision. Certification in related clinical specialty area. Previous experience in organized labor environment. Clinical and management training; knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements for the role. Working knowledge of the RN scope of practice in the State of California, current state requirement, CMS Conditions of Participation, EMTALA, Patient Bill of Rights, and other federal or state regulatory requirement as specific to professional nursing practice and clinical patient care. Demonstrates proficiency in nursing process, problem solving and the performance improvement process. Maintains current knowledge in basic health care economics, trends, and reimbursement methodologies and applies knowledge to daily activities. Meets all the unit based competencies annually Certification in BLS. Certification in ACLS. Knowledge of documentation in CERNER, SMS, and the related clinical systems supporting patient flow and department operations as well as clinical care. Basic understanding of desk top computers and work related software. Previous training in Just Culture, Crucial Conversations. Demonstrated organizational skills and leadership abilities. Demonstrates proficient nursing skills in specialty area. Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently. Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with others across the department lines. Reacts calmly and effectively in emergencies. Demonstrates leadership and management skills. Demonstrates skills necessary to coach/counsel, discipline and manage labor/employee issues. Current CA RN license, Certification in basic life saving CPR.
Keywords: Dignity Health, Santa Maria , Senior Director Surgical Services, Executive , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!