Quality Control Manager
Company: Rantec Power Systems, Inc.
Location: Los Osos
Posted on: May 17, 2023
Rantec is hiring for a Quality Control Manager -- Join our Team!
-Located in Los Osos, Ca, Rantec -is an upper-tier designer and
manufacturer of power supplies for the military and aerospace
markets. We are an engineering-based company, with expertise in all
aspects of power supply design, manufacturing and test. - Rantec
offers many outstanding benefits to include:
- Competitive wages
- Great benefits (i.e. Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA)
- Vacation - 2 weeks a year to start
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- 401K with matching up to 6%,
- We have every other Friday off (9/80 schedule)
- Free lunch every other Friday (Pay Day)ScopeManagement of all
activities regarding quality control from the product point of
view.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for flowing down Quality Objectives throughout the
organization and for reporting on the effectiveness of the
- Assist senior quality leadership on matters related to quality
- Manages and provides guidance to Quality Control
Receiving/Final, and In-Process personnel on performance reviews,
goals and objectives, and development plans and makes sure all
staff these are submitted on a timely manner.
- Oversees product development procedures to ensure that the
products meet quality and efficiency standards.
- Coordinates Quality Control resources in support of engineering
and manufacturing activities to include supplier quality and
supplier development as needed.
- Assures acceptance of only conforming material throughout the
inspection process by assuring that inspection plans are up to date
- Assures that the customer needs and requirements are understood
between Quality Control and the production teams.
- Have excellent communications and listening skills.
- Assure that the quality requirements and standards are
communicated to Quality Control personnel verbally, in writing or
- Set the requirements for raw materials from suppliers and
monitoring their compliance.
- Maintains process that provides effective control of
nonconforming product and its disposition in coordination with
appropriate functional areas.
- Assures compliance to all contract quality requirements.
- Responsible for defect investigation and coordination with
appropriate functional area for resolution.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintains close customer interface including corrective action
statements, tracking of customer returns, and trend analysis,
hosting customer quality surveys and source inspection.
- Perform related duties of Quality Control department as
assigned.Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering or manufacturing related
- Minimum of 5 years' experience Quality Control in the
electronics industry, both military and commercial aviation
products with detailed knowledge of industry processes and
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) quality practices,
including an understanding of Manufacturing Inspection District
Office (MIDO) approved facilities and Parts Manufacturer Approval
- Strong analytical ability and objectivity in making
recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to work flexible hours and/or different shifts.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Previous work with AS9100, AS9145, AS9102 is a plus.
- Lean manufacturing is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in supervision of Receiving and
Work In-Process supervisors and inspectors.
- Good technical, organizational and leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail. - - - - - - -Salary Range: $87,505
- $113,776 Annually - - - - - - - -Rantec is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, or status as a protected veteran. Rantec
will consider reasonable accommodation to its policies for
employees and applicants due to sincerely held religious
beliefPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Rantec Power Systems, Inc., Santa Maria , Quality Control Manager, Executive , Los Osos, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...