Medical Director - Marian Regional Medical Center- EMPATH
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 16, 2023
Up to $100K Sign-on Bonus - Santa Maria, CA - Seeking Psychiatry
Emergency Medicine Medical Director Join the Physician Partnership
Where You Have A Voice Vituity's ownership model provides autonomy,
local control, and a national system of support, so you can focus
your attention where you want it to be - on your patients. Join the
Vituity Team. Vituity is a 100% physician owned partnership and is
led by frontline physicians that are all equitable owners. As an
equal and valued partner from day one, our ownership model provides
you with financial transparency, a comprehensive benefit package
including profit distribution, and multiple career development
opportunities. Our leadership understands what your practice needs
to thrive and gives you autonomy and local control so you can
provide care when, where, and how your patients need it. You are
backed by a best-in-class corporate health care team and supported
by the broad peer-level expertise of 5,000 Vituity clinicians. A
patient-first focus drives everything we do, from continually
seeking improvements in care delivery to developing and
implementing innovations in healthcare. We believe everyone has a
role to play in that. Vituity Locations: Vituity has opportunities
at 450 practice locations across the country, serving 8 million
patients a year. With Vituity, if you ever need to move, you can
take your job with you. The Opportunity
- Communicate and promote Vituity's mission, vision, values,
culture and strategy.
- Assure compliance with all Vituity requirements and policies
and communicate those requirements to all Vituity providers.
- Monitor current and future healthcare and economic trends.
Assess their potential impact on the practice and local geographic
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual practice management
plan that includes goals and objectives to continually meet the
expectations and provide value to patients, clients, providers and
the local community.
- Lead local site administrative management team, by identifying
team members and aligning their responsibilities to achieve
- Possess a full understanding of hospital expectations and
ensure compliance with contract terms.
- Monitor operational and quality metrics and implement Vituity
initiatives and operational programs to continually improve
- Monitor site financial performance and identify and create new
areas for growth and revenue.
- Develop an expertise and understanding of the yearly budget,
financial performance measures and monitoring systems, and billing
and reimbursement issues / systems.
- Improve patient census and billing practice statistics to
optimize reimbursement for the practice.
- Awareness and interactions with payers such as significant
IPA's, Medical Groups, Foundations, ACO's associated with the
hospital / health system.
- Recruit, onboard and train new providers, ensuring the practice
is optimally staffed with qualified providers.
- Provide learning and development opportunities and mentoring to
providers and staff to enhance their clinical acumen, leadership
skills and overall professional growth.
- Evaluate the performance of physicians and PA / NPs in
compliance with Vituity policies and guidelines.
- Monitor physician competencies with progressive improvement
using appropriate metrics. Counsel, suspend, or remove staff from
the schedule as necessary in compliance with Vituity polices /
- Participate in contract negotiations in conjunction with the
- Develop, foster and maintain productive and collaborative
working relationships with hospital leadership, nursing staff and
other healthcare team members.
- Ensure practice is appropriately represented and demonstrates
their value through leadership roles (as applicable) and/or
participation with hospital management, medical staff leadership,
Medical Executive, Medical Staff and other hospital committees, and
within the local community.
- Fully understand Vituity policies and fiduciary obligations and
ensure compliance from providers.
- Model Vituity's Partnership Principles through fostering open
communication and transparency of decisions (ex. Annual review of
administrative stipends and scheduling preferences). Required
Experience and Competencies
- Superior clinical skills in order to serve as role model by
setting high standards.
- Administrative experience and aptitude.
- Interest in interpreting complex financial data and with
understanding of finance and accounting as they relate to practice
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to motivate
physicians and non-physicians, manage multiple assignments, work
successfully with a diversity of people and locations, maintain
good working relationships, and be a supportive team member.
- Ability to establish effective relationships quickly with both
clients and non-clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The Practice
Marian Regional Medical Center - Santa Maria, California
- Part of Dignity Health system
- Features 32 private exam rooms and three trauma rooms, and has
an annual ED patient volume of 69,150
- Marian Regional Medical Center is a STEMI Receiving Center
designation from Santa Barbara County's Emergency Medical Services
Agency to treat ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)
- Providing a wide range of services such as Neurological Care,
Birth Center, Cardiac Care, Back and Spine services, Orthopedic
Care, Imagine services and more
- Telepsych panel coverage The Community
- Glorious sunshine all year, warm breezes, and beautiful
- Located in California's Central Coast region, it's known for
excellent wineries and Santa Maria style Barbeque. Named by Sunset
magazine "The West's Best BBQ Town"
- There is a wealth of attractions to enjoy including parks,
seaside piers, and engaging local museums
- Just a short drive away from Santa Barbara
- Easy access to beautiful beaches, parks, and plenty of outdoor
activities Benefits & Beyond Vituity cares about the whole you.
With our comprehensive benefits package, we are mindful of what
matters most, and support your needs of today and your plans for
- Superior Health Plan Options
- Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA, life and AD&D coverage, and
- Partnership models allows a K-1 status pay structure, allowing
high tax deductions
- Extraordinary 401K Plan with high tax reduction and faster
- Eligible to receive an Annual Profit Distribution/yearly cash
- EAP, travel assistance, and identify theft included
- Student loan refinancing options
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives including
LGBTQ+ History, Dia de los Muertos Celebration, Money
Management/Money Relationship, and more.
- Purpose-driven culture focused on improving the lives of our
patients, communities, and employees. We are unified around the
common purpose of transforming healthcare to improve lives and we
believe everyone has a role to play in that. We know that when we
work together across sites and specialties as an integrated
healthcare team, we can exceed the expectations of our patients and
the hospitals and clinics we work in. If you are looking to make a
difference, from clinical to corporate, Vituity is the place to do
it. Come grow with us. Vituity appreciates differences; our
dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is at the heart of
our organization. Vituity does not discriminate against any person
on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin,
disability, age, genetic information (including family medical
history), veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related
condition, or any other basis protected by law. Vituity is
committed to complying with all applicable national, state and
local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity.
Applicants Only. No agencies please.
Keywords: Vituity, Santa Maria , Medical Director - Marian Regional Medical Center- EMPATH, Executive , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...