Assistant Store Manager
Company: Follett Corporation
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: September 20, 2022
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in
supervising and managing Store operations (college bookstore or
convenience store). Plans and prepares work schedules ensuring
coverage. Greets customers and answers phones to respond to
inquiries and resolve escalated issues. Provides training on Store,
company, and/or school operations. Receive and unload merchandise
verify orders, and displays merchandise in accordance with company
standards. Routinely audits accounting and cash functions to ensure
policies and procedures are being followed in the store. Partners
with various support partners including Store Operations, AP, HR,
and Training. Consistently demonstrates Follett Values - Integrity,
Accountability, Customers, Each and Every Associate, Innovation,
and Teamwork. Demonstrates proficiency in Follett Strategic
- Supervises the work activities of sales team members FT/PT and
- Schedules team members' work hours
- Trains new team members FT/PT and seasonal team members hired
for peak seasons
- Ensures Sales Team members follow company and store policies,
procedures, and standards
- Ensures the proper merchandising standards, promotion
standards, creating displays, etc.
- Performs onboarding procedures for new hires.
- Greet customers, answer phones, provide information, direct
callers, and resolve escalated issues. Partners to create and
maintain a Hassle Free customer service culture, focused on
solutions-based selling and an exceptional customer
- Receive, verify and unload orders as necessary.
- Operate cash register and store computer to accept payments,
place orders, make change adhering to safe cash handling procedures
including balancing cash drawer and preparing bank
- Stock shelves and take inventory per Store schedule.
- May provide general Store cleaning (vacuuming, sweeping,
mopping, and dusting) and straightening (shelves, displays, and
- Executes merchandising standards, promotion standards, creating
- May fill in for other personnel during breaks, lunch, vacation,
or peak seasonal periods, including register operations,
shipping/receiving, textbooks, and various departments throughout
- Keyholder with opening and closing responsibilities.
- Calculates deposits, counts cash drawers, counts the safe,
works with accounts receivable (CARRR), and works on collecting bad
checks. Balances cash, credit cards, and checks to register tapes.
Checks invoices against purchase orders and credit memos against
charge-backs to ensure accuracy. Compiles data for end-of-month
reporting. Researches account receivable problems and handle the
bad check recovery process. Investigates the reason for cash
drawers not balancing. Enters and produces the Daily Sales Report,
month-end reports, and payroll reports.
- Applies shrink prevention practices and activities, such as
visible customer service, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To learn more about Follett's benefits click here
- Associate's Degree or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 - 3 years of retail or bookstore experience preferred. Prior
supervisory experience preferred.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- General computer skills.
Keywords: Follett Corporation, Santa Maria , Assistant Store Manager, Executive , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!