Safety Manager- First Group
Company: First Group
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 12, 2022
First things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our next
largest competitor, First Student is the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services including full-service transportation
and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization
and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school
district contracts. First Student is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment.Safety Manager major responsibilities:
- Conduct or supervise interviewing, selection, and recruitment
of an adequate number of operator applicants to effectively provide
safe, efficient, service.
- Manage driver training and may conduct driver training,
recommend retraining and discipline as required.
- Conduct or assist Location Manager with safety training and
meetings. Review accident reports to reduce the number and severity
of accidents, maintain complete safety files (i.e. accident report,
I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury reports).
- Maintain or coordinate complete personnel record keeping.
Maintain substance abuse file.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and
work closely with General Manager or Designee to accomplish company
- Must be able to obtain the required license for all vehicles at
the Project location, maintain that license, and at times drive a
- Must be able to pass all requirements to be qualified as a
Vehicle Operator would at the location.
- Complete additional duties as assigned.Safety Manager
- 2 to 3 years of transportation, safety, or related
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, Student facility, fieldwork,
maintenance facility, and Student vehicles.First for a Reason
Benefits We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary
based on role, location, and business), including physical and
mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid
holiday/vacation. Diversity & Inclusion Because we re stronger
together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First.
We re committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working
environment for everyone every day. Professional Advancement Start
here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means
tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence
across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager
Program prepares future leaders at First Student. Extensive
Training Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and
security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job
efficiency. Community Service & Impact Go where opportunity meets
community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As
the face of First Student in your community, you ll have a positive
impact on others. About First America First is the largest
passenger transportation company in North America, we provide
passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities,
school districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada.
Our 4.8 billion operations is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and
employ more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states
and 7 Canadian provinces. Apply today and get your career on the
road with First Student! We aspire to have a culture where all
people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
all. Associated topics: climate, emr, environment, hospital, safe,
sewer system, scba, treatment, waste, wastewater treatment
Keywords: First Group, Santa Maria , Safety Manager- First Group, Executive , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!