Company: Grand Fitness
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Planet Fitness Santa Maria is looking for a dynamic individual to
lead their team. The General Manager will be responsible for the
oversight of gym operations to ensure an exceptional Judgement Free
member experience as well as a financially successful club. The
General Manager will be accountable for leading a team of employees
in a positive, motivating manner with continuous assistance in
employee training and development.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities for General Manager
- Recruit, hire, train and develop a high performing staff
consisting of Assistant Managers, Member Service Representatives,
Trainers and Cleaners.
- Continued training of staff in all sales areas including info
calls, touring and rate presentation.
- Create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere for all members,
prospective members and guests and ensure staff follows superior
customer service guidelines.
- Managing all day-to-day operations.
- Enforcing all PF policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership within a team to set achieve club
- Determining and improving weak areas of the club.
- Driving and growing club sales using sales skills and
- Staff Management
- Schedule staff and ensure all shifts are covered.
- Lead by example and maintain consistent accountability for
direct reports by training and coaching, ensuring adherence to PF's
values and goals.
- Administration and processing of all weekly/bi-weekly employee
- Resolve employee issues or concerns.
- Following up with and holding all staff members
- Manage disciplinary/termination activities.
- Involved in all front desk related activities including:
- Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a
variety of questions.
- Check members into the system.
- New member sign-up.
- Take prospective members on tours.
- Facilitate all member requests, issues and questions.
- Ensure prompt opening/closing of gym.
- Oversee cleanliness and maintenance of facility
- Cleaning all assigned areas of the club including creating a
priority cleaning list and delegating properly to the
- Ensuring club is more than ready for monthly club inspections
and unannounced corporate visits
- Communicate with overnight cleaning team and expect to do
overnight inspections from time to time
- Ensure safety of employees, members and club property.
- Determine and communicate equipment repair in Fitness EMS in a
- Manage marketing efforts by ensuring that staff is aware and
trained on all marketing promotions.
- Authorize expenditures and refunds. Prepare deposits.
- Prepare all HR related forms and send to Payroll.
- Track club and employee statistics and reports (weekly,
- Running and evaluating all reports and statistics.
- Keep tour % at or above 80%.
- Ensure success in various metrics, including but not limited
- EFT Growth
- Secondary Billing %
- GEK and Merchandise Sales
- NPS Score
- BER Score
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Ensure nightly closing paperwork is correct and sending it to
- Deposits made weekly should be checked each day to ensure
- Hours: Monday - Tuesday - 9am - 7:30pm. Wednesday - Thursday
9:00 - 5:30, Friday - 9am - 5pm.
- Communicate variances with your Regional Manager
- Competitive salary, health insurance, vision, vacation time,
- Superior customer service skills, preferably in the fitness
- Experience working as an Assistant Manager at Planet
- Exceptional leadership, diplomacy and listening skills.
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Suite).
- Hard working, enthusiastic and energetic!
- Strong problem resolution skills.
- Current CPR Certification required.
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.Physical Demands
- Continual standing and walking during shift.
- Continual talking in person or on the phone during shift.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during
Keywords: Grand Fitness, Santa Maria , General Manager, Executive , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!