Director of IT - Tribal Entities
Company: Chumash Casino Resort
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: April 6, 2021
The Director of IT - Tribal Entities oversees the streamlined
operation of the Tribal Entities IT Department and ensures
alignment with the business objectives of the organization. This
individual's principal goals are to develop and manage application
portfolios for each department and to attain all IT service level
agreements for the user community within the organization. The
Director of IT - Tribal Entities will plan, coordinate, direct, and
design all operational activities of the IT department, as well as
provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance
mission-critical business operations. The incumbent will work
closely with decision-makers in other departments to identify,
recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective
technology solutions for all aspects of the organization.
At the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, perform the
Clinical Applications Coordinator (CAC) serves as a
specialist/integrator in the implementation and ongoing support of
multi-service clinical software applications used for the clinic
and clinic electronic health record, primarily RPMS/EHR
applications. Participate as member of the Management Team.
The position supports the daily interface between
clinicians/medical staff and the electronic health record. The
duties involve serving as the coordinator for deploying new
portions of the electronic health record, consulting with the
Administrative Services Director, Clinic Manager, Technology
Operations Team (TOT) and Medical Director in modifying software
and altering workflow processes in the daily operation of the
electronic health record. The Information Technology Manager also
works with clinic staff on a broad range of activities surrounding
the implementation of a comprehensive, standardized integrated
health care information system at SYTHC.
- Native American preferred.
- English-Spanish bilingual skills are highly desirable.
- Computer skills (MS Office Suite) desired.
- Willingness to receive continuing education training (some
- Knowledge of management techniques and/or supervisory
Any and all duties as assigned by the Chief Technology Officer, up
to and including:
- It will be the responsibility of the Information Technology
Director and department managers working in collaboration to assure
the quality and integrity of our patient information system. The
Information Technology Director will also be responsible for the
timely submission of all reports and/or data being requested for
granting purposes as well as for internal quality improvement
activities while ensuring the confidentiality and security of all
- Provides training to clinical staff on current software
applications and new features, and ensures training is scheduled
for new users. Emphasizes timeliness, accuracy, security and the
importance of these functions on every clinical application.
Coordinates classes with SYTHC department heads and serves as a
backup for basic training classes.
- Promotes an awareness of the importance of data validity and
data security. Coordinates efforts to correct deficiencies and
errors that occur in the electronic record.
- Coordinates with outside vendors to implement integrated
packages, resolve conflicts, provide secondary support on related
software modules, and ensure smooth operations in areas where
package scope overlaps or is integrated with other services'
functions. Works with programmers in local testing of software,
identifying software problems and requesting enhancements. Logs all
problems, referring those requiring a higher level of technical
support to the appropriate person or consultant.
- Establishes effective interpersonal relationships with all
levels of SYTHC personnel. Promotes an atmosphere that encourages
enthusiasm and user participation in clinical computing. Creates a
positive environment for reporting application and/or system
deficiencies and suggestions for system improvements and enhanced
- Participate by attendance or report, as necessary in multiple
clinic teams, including TOT, QI (Quality Improvement) Super
Committee and serves as Chairman of EHR Committee.
- It will be the responsibility of the Information Technology
Director to ensure the SYTHC data is back up, both on-site and
opposite to ensure safe recovery of all SYTHC data in the event of
a catastrophic failure.
- Formulate and deploy long-term strategic plans for acquiring
and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing
and communication technologies.
- Manage IT Department operational and strategic planning,
including business requirements, project, and organizing and
negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Where necessary, re-engineer applications support to ensure it
aligns with business process, tactical planning and strategic
- Define and communicate project milestones, service level
agreements, and resource allocation to Executive Director,
department leads, support staff and other users.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT division, including
purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Review performance of IT systems to determine operating costs,
productivity levels and upgrade requirements.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the
improvement of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Develop bid requirements for all hardware and software
upgrades, review submitted bids for compliance with stated
requirements and make the appropriate award.
- Direct research on potential technology solutions and
implementations in support of new initiatives, opportunities and
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and
technical support services.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including
those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards,
purchasing and service provision.
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendor, outsourcer,
and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision,
development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person
communications with the organization's executives, department heads
and end users regarding pertinent IT activities.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development,
upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs,
operating systems, telephones, software applications, peripherals
and logical and physical access control systems.
- Provide expertise and support during systems upgrades,
installations, conversions, and file maintenance.
- Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what
new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and
- Site Manager duties for Resource and Patient Management System.
Includes management or parameters customization, oversight of RPMS
package management, Electronic Health Record customization and
- Attends approved training and workshops in order to stay
abreast of emerging and other relevant technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or a related field, or
- Certifications in management information technology, MCSE
- 5 years' experience in an IT-related field, including three
years at the management level.
- Proven experience in IT infrastructure strategic planning and
development, project management and policy development.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and evaluative
- Understanding and experience with telecommunications and
- Experience with systems design and development from business
requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Understand and promote the mission, vision and values of the
health center both in the workplace and in the community.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business
- Compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations, as
they pertain to position including; HIPAA, sexual harassment, Scope
of Practice, etc.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines, to conduct and
direct research into IT issues and products, and to take the
initiative in the development and completion of projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet multiple and
sometimes competing deadlines.
- Ability to lead decision-making processes in a collaborative
Chumash Enterprise is one of the premier employers in Santa Barbara
County. We are recognized as a Four-Diamond Resort, but it is our
Five-Diamond Guest Service that keeps our guests coming back! With
more than 1,800 Team Members, we offer a stable and rewarding work
environment with a competitive benefits package, exciting growth
opportunities, tuition reimbursement and more.
As our organization grows, new and exciting opportunities continue
to develop at all of our properties including; Chumash Casino
Resort, Chumash Employee Resource Center, Chumash Gas Station,
Santa Ynez Tribal Health Clinic, Santa Ynez Chumash Tribal
Administration, Hotel Corque, Kita Wines, Hadsten House Hotel.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
Consistent with federal law, Native American hiring preference
software, software development, software manager, sql, unix
Keywords: Chumash Casino Resort, Santa Maria , Director of IT - Tribal Entities, Executive , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!