Company: Stantec Consulting International Ltd.
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Stantec Jobs - Project Engineer in SANTA MARIA, California,
State, Country, Zip Code Search for Job Title or Keywords Flexible
Working Locations Browse by Location Project Engineer - Stantec
Jobs Job Information Project Engineer SANTA MARIA , California
Project Engineer - ( 23000135 )DescriptionDo you want to work on
diverse world class projects, with a team who values your effort?
Join a company culture that prioritizes its people above everything
else, fostering a collaborative entrepreneurial environment that
celebrates creativity, and rewards results. Stantec is rapidly
growing in the western US, and we want to give you the opportunity
to advance your career to heights you never imagined possible.
Apply today!LocationStantec is looking for a Project Engineer to
join our California Central Coast team. We have local offices
located in Santa Maria, Santa Barbara and Thousand Oaks. If you are
looking to work in an office environment without having to
relocate, we likely have an office location
you. We also support other remote work arrangements.Your Key
- Serve as the technical lead for the project team responsible
for preparing, grading, drainage, wet utility, street improvements,
and other civil engineering design documents.
- Prepare and revise documentation for various project phases
from feasibility analysis to construction close out.
- Coordinate with geomatics team and obtain appropriate record
data required to assemble complete and accurate base
- Prepare concept design alternatives considering site
constraints and project objectives to evolve the project
- Prepare three-dimensional models of civil systems and provide
markups / direction for junior engineers/designers.
- Participate in coordination meetings with internal team members
and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, subcontractors,
- Prepare construction quantity estimates and basic opinion of
- Assist with developing and managing the project scope, budget,
staffing, and schedule.
- Lead the preparation and coordination of project specifications
and construction documents.
- Participate in constructability review.
- Conduct quality assurance and quality control on projects.
- Assist with processing project documentation to approval and
- Work with team to prioritize workload and schedule on multiple
projects.QualificationsEducation and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer in California preferred.
- Local project resume and experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in directing junior staff in execution of project
deliverables is preferred.Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of agency and industry
- General understanding of all phases of project document
production and the relationship between drawings and
- Strong knowledge of civil systems means and methods, materials,
and industry standards.
- Ability to effectively discuss project issues with clients and
- Possesses excellent time-management skills.
- Thorough understanding of task assignment and schedule,
budgeting, and efficient use of time and resources.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting
and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering concepts and
ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and relevant design
software (AutoCAD Civil3D, locally accepted hydrology and hydraulic
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.About
UsStantec is a top-tier global design firm that is recognized for
our creative, technology-forward, and collaborative approach. Our
experts are passionate about collaborating on projects that make
communities more livable and resilient. We bring the same passion
to growing the potential of each professional who joins our Stantec
community, and to making our community diverse and
inclusive.Compensation and BenefitsStantec offers a comprehensive
benefits package. Inquiries are welcome! Contact Bob Stanley,
Talent Acquisition Consultant at Bob.Stanley@stantec.com with
questions.Stantec is committed to invest in our growth. We will
offer a compensation package commensurate or exceeding with the
local market conditions depending on relevant experience. We review
compensation packages annually, at minimum, and reward those who
provide the highest contribution towards our product delivery and
local growth. We also have financial incentive programs designed to
reward employees for exceptional performance.Stantec is a place
where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents,
do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join
us and redefine your personal best. Be a part of our close-knit
team supporting Golden State Growth on exciting projects.Typical
office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary
for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the
elements including inclement weather.This description is not a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that may be required of the employee and other duties,
responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed
at any time with or without notice. Benefits Summary : Full-time
and part-time employees have access to medical, dental, and vision
plans, a wellness program, health saving accounts, flexible
spending accounts, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase program,
life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance,
short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits,
tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage and
paid family leave. Employees will receive ten paid holidays in each
calendar year. In addition, employees will be eligible to accrue
vacation between 10 and 20 days per year and eligible for paid sick
leave (and if more generous, in accordance with state and local
law).Temporary employees have access to 401(k) plans, employee
stock purchase program, and paid leave, in accordance with state
and local law.Primary Location : United States-California-Santa
MariaOther Locations : United States-California-Bakersfield, United
States-California-SacramentoOrganization : BC-2042 CommDev-US
WestEmployee Status : RegularJob Level : Individual
ContributorTravel : Yes, 10 % of the TimeSchedule : Full-timeJob
Posting : Mar 6, 2023, 11:53:23 AMReq ID: 23000135Stantec provides
equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and
applicants for future and current employment and prohibit
discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, marital status, genetic information,
disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in
decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion,
compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any
other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local,
state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable
opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including
Disability/Protected Veterans Apply Now
- Share this job
- share to linkedin
- share to twitter
- share to facebook
- share by email FAQ Search & Apply Home Current Search Criteria
- Project Engineer
- SANTA MARIA
- Clear All
Keywords: Stantec Consulting International Ltd., Santa Maria , Project Engineer, Engineering , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...