Account Manager, Sales & Marketing
Location: Santa Maria
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Job Description Bonita Packing CompanyJob Description Job Title:
Account ManagerDepartment: Sales & MarketingHeadquarters: Santa
Maria, CAReports To: Director of Sales Job Summary:Proactively
manages a group of accounts comprised of retailers and wholesalers.
The account manager must be able to develop a strategic and
tactical plan for each account. It is important that we use
relationship skills and fact based selling to achieve these goals.
In addition, this position is responsible for developing new
accounts in assigned market channels. The basis of this job is to
build, and manage existing accounts while exploring new
opportunities.Duties and Responsibilities:Develop profitable and
sustainable sales growth at assigned accounts.
- Manage accounts, internally and externally
- Develop key account plans for assigned accounts; implement
- Maintain thorough understanding of each customer including,
their important customers, their main competitors, and their
- Develop, implement and manage the delivery (presentations) of
key customer programs including quarterly reviews, communication
strategies, customer training, issue resolution, and pricing.
- Establish and build strong working relationships with team
members to ensure the successful delivery of services to your
- Investigate, track and resolve customer and client concerns;
identify trends and implement solutions.
- Provide client feedback to Product Management, Sales Management
or other departments with regard to product specifications and
- Establish and strengthen customer relationships with decision
makers across departments and regions.
- Retain and grow your assigned key accounts including meeting or
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of each customer’s
business and develop viable solutions to meet their needs.
- Must consistently track the development of such strategies and
their resourcefulness, in order to achieve organizational goals and
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 - 5 + years previous Sales Experience
- High level presentation and selling skills with exceptional
attention to detail and follow-up.
- Excellent communication and organizational abilities.
- Experience and proven success within a structured sales
environment, to include strategic sales planning, sales analysis
and reporting. Competency: (To perform the job successfully, an
individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
- Problem Solving - Works well in group problem solving
- Interpersonal – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming.
Maintains confidentiality. Listens to others without interrupting.
Keeps emotions under control. Remains open to others’ ideas and
makes suggestions of ideas to better policies and procedures.
- Oral Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Responds
well to questions.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build
morale and group commitments to goal and objectives. Supports
everyone's efforts to succeed; Ability to work well with all team
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity.
- Communication – Must be able to read and write in Spanish.
- Support Company Vision - Follows policies and procedures;
Supports company's goals and values. Leads by example.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able
to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent;
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in
timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works
- Safety and Security –Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Uses equipment and materials proper. Keeps work area clean and
organized. Physical Requirements:The essential physical
requirements for this position are:· Employee must have the ability
to walk, talk, hear, see, speak, concentrate, reach in all
directions, stoop, bend, lift up to 60 lbs.· Use a computer,
telephone and other equipment needed for the position· Possess the
ability to reason and communicate clearly with or without
reasonable accommodation. Company DescriptionA Production Company
owned by a large Grower-Shipper located in Santa Maria
Keywords: Bonipak, Santa Maria , Account Manager, Sales & Marketing, Advertising , Santa Maria, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!